Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nannyjob speaks on Uwila

(15 Posts)
uwila Fri 17-Jun-05 10:30:53

Oh lookey here, I'm the subject of (rather unflattering) debate on nannyjob.co.uk.

Nannyjob on Uwila

mrsflowerpot Fri 17-Jun-05 10:34:59

fame at last eh? Your new nanny sounds lovely from her posts though.

How is the lovely Alex getting on btw? Hope to join you on the June babies thread very soon.

Gwenick Fri 17-Jun-05 10:36:36

LOL - not the first time people on here/the site has been criticised on there - have they got nothing better to do with their time than trawl mumsnet for threads to b*tch about??

and OMG I get a mention - funny that they were the same people who were pretty negative about me on the very same website!

PS I also think you sometimes have 'odd' ideas, but I've got enough balls to say it to you 'face' on MN (which I think I've done in the past) - although just because I think they're odd ideas doesn't nessecarily mean they are

Marina Fri 17-Jun-05 10:39:08

I hope they also post a link to your thread here asking for tips on making an overseas appointee feel welcome, Uwila.
Best of luck to you and Amber, hope it all works out fine.

Gwenick Fri 17-Jun-05 10:43:57

Actually you've got TWO threads about you

here

Prufrock Fri 17-Jun-05 12:48:29

If I were you uwila I'd be changing my name right now (although we'd probably all recognise you whatever name you posted with). Good luck with Amber

mishmash Fri 17-Jun-05 12:49:25

My goodness
Can't believe that those other people would actually try and tarnish the Nanny's opinion on Uwila before she even starts.

Have never been to that site before and it has opened my eyes

uwila Fri 17-Jun-05 14:08:37

I have no intention of changing my name. I've just recieved a very nice e-mail from Amber. And I frankly dont's care what the other nannies think. As usual, they took one comment, blew it our of proportion and raise a disproportionatel huge stink about the matter. Not really worth the effort to get all uptight about it.

Although, I do think Nanny Jo could have the courage to confront me rather than trying to put a knife in my back on another website. What id Amber had decided that I was some evil whitch and she didn;t want to come work here. Then I'd be left without childcare for my return to work... and what a nice thing that would be. I suppose she meant well as a friend to Amber, but hmmmm you'd thik as a working parent she would have realised the potetial consequences there.... or maybe she did.

Oh well I had to go out and I think all evolved rather colorfully while I was gone so now I've missed all the good stuff. What a shame...

assumedname Fri 17-Jun-05 14:13:21

Links don't work - have the threads gone?

mishmash Fri 17-Jun-05 14:13:24

She sounds lovely Uwila - best of luck to both of you.

Can't believe why anyone would be so small minded to try and destroy a relationship that hasn't really started yet.

mishmash Fri 17-Jun-05 14:13:45

I was wondering that too?

SaintGeorge Fri 17-Jun-05 14:17:23

I suspect Amber may have requested the threads to be removed.

NurseyJo Fri 17-Jun-05 14:22:45

Message withdrawn

uwila Fri 17-Jun-05 14:38:18

Sorry Nursery Jo, but that was not a profeesion debate on childcare. It took my words way out of context and rather sarcastically wishe Amber good luck in her new life.

Anyway, as Amber herself I believe has been put in a rather awkward position at the very existence of these conversations, we should perhaps let it go now.

I'm well aware that the nannies on nannyjob don't like me, and frankly I have more important things to worry about. I want Amber to be happy living with and working for me. But those who went on and Uwila bashing rage... well they don't really know the person they are talking about. So, I can;t see any firther discussion is really worthy of our time.

However, thank you for the apology. And I believe that professional informative debatw was your intention; it just isn't what evolved.

Oh, and one more point. It's kind of ironic. If ever I wanted to test Amber's dedication, loyalty, or genuine desire to take this position I couldn't have done it better than happened in these threads today. I must say my opinion of her has now escalated even further.

ssd Fri 17-Jun-05 18:37:48

I'm disappointed I can't read the thread - link is gone...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now