Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Hurt my back lifting a mindee this morning, ouch.

(4 Posts)
holdingittogether Thu 05-Nov-09 13:30:24

Lifting heavy toddlers goes with the job and I do it all the time but I must have lifted her incorrectly today because as I lifted her I felt a sudden pain in my lower back and have been in pain since. Had to get dh to come and collect us when picking ds up after morning preschool as it hurt so much. Got one mindee (asleep) plus ds here right now but will have after schoolers later plus my own older children. Have taken pain killers but still really hurts!! How am I going to get through the day? Hoping they are all kind to me later.

HSMM Thu 05-Nov-09 13:49:01

Ouch! I did this a couple of weeks ago. Picked up a 3 yr old for a cuddle and something pinged under my right shoulder blade. A bit of pummelling from my DH grin and my DDs laying on of her healing hands (yes she really does seem to have healing hands) worked, but I thought it was going to cost me a trip to the Osteopath. Yours however sounds worse than mine was sad

looneytune Thu 05-Nov-09 13:55:31

Ouch. Hope it sorts itself soon!!

holdingittogether Thu 05-Nov-09 14:01:26

I'm trying to gently potter about but I am walking like Mrs Overall from Acorn Antiques!! I feel about 100. Will take it really slow on the school run this afternoon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now