Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Invoice question?

(11 Posts)
Littlepurpleprincess Thu 05-Nov-09 13:12:26

This may be a stupid question but I need to do an invoice for a parent who is having childcare funded by someone else.

What bank details do I need to put on it so that they can pay me by direct debit?

Fruitbatlings Thu 05-Nov-09 13:13:51

Your name
Name of bank
Sort code
Account number

smile

Littlepurpleprincess Thu 05-Nov-09 13:17:28

Thankyou. The account number is the shorter one along the bottom, not the long one accross the middle of the card right?

I really am rubbish at this.

Fruitbatlings Thu 05-Nov-09 13:21:23

Your account number won't be on your bank card. Have a look at one of your statements. Should be about 8 numbers. The sort code is on your bank card and is the short 6 digit number at the bottom

Littlepurpleprincess Thu 05-Nov-09 13:27:28

I checked my bank statement and it is the same one that's on my card. Thankyou for your help. I am trying to look professional, lol. [failing miserably emoticon]

Fruitbatlings Thu 05-Nov-09 13:28:28

no probs smile

atworknotworking Thu 05-Nov-09 17:51:24

My bis card doesn't have my account number on it, but my personal one does, I think banks do it differently IYSWIM, your sort code is on the front and is 6 didgits so something like 12-34-56.

atworknotworking Thu 05-Nov-09 17:54:23

Sorry ment to add, put a due by and pay by date on as I have found payments from agencies notoriously bad. And if it's a direct transfer the first one can take a little longer, so I always put something like "The amount shown is due on 1st Dec, please make your payment by 25th Nov to ensure it reaches us in time to avoid late fees being applied to your account"

navyeyelasH Thu 05-Nov-09 21:21:45

you also the adress of the business on an invoice.

I think?

ginnybag Fri 06-Nov-09 14:27:55

Form of an invoice:

Person your sending it to (top left)

Invoice No (Top right)

Invoice Date (Top right under No.)
Tax Point Date (If needed for your business)

Then:

What invoice is for
Itemised charges (x hours at y amount = z)

Any additional charges

Sub-total
VAT (if you charge this)
Total Payable.

Then:

Payment is due within x days OR by set date. Please pay by (state your accepted methods of payment) If paying by BACS (that's a bank transfer) please use the following details:

Account Name
Account Number (usually eight or ten digits)
Sort Code (six digits in the form 12-34-56)

Print it, post it and keep a copy in a file! HMRC are buggers for invoices!

ginnybag Fri 06-Nov-09 15:01:36

Also wanted to say, if they're paying by Direct Debit, you'll need to get them to fill a Direct Debit authorisation form, which you'll then take into your bank.

If they're paying by Standing Order (same sort of thing but controlled by them!) the details as above will be enough for them to set it up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now