Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: Please tell me I should take a sick day!

(11 Posts)
Numberfour Thu 05-Nov-09 12:49:05

i think i have tonsillitis. i feel grim and sore and really miserable. two weeks ago i had an odd cold like thingy that went on for days and days, then i was fine for 2 days and now this.

i HATE cancelling because i know how hard it is for parents.

and also i have two appointments for DS coming up where i cannot have any mindees so that will also be hard for them

ooooohhh. i feel so sorry for me.......

sad

Numberfour Thu 05-Nov-09 12:51:06

but it is going to cost me £95...............

looneytune Thu 05-Nov-09 13:03:19

You need a day off mate. I had that a while ago and had to close as it's not just painful but I get very dizzy with it and that's not safe for children.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm closed because I got a mindees bug so have no choice. 48 hours closure is costing me £345 and I was closed last week for 2 and half days as ds2 was really ill (had to go to hospital) and that was £300+ lost!! So not a good 2 weeks.

Best you get better now otherwise may end up needing even longer off hun.

Hope you feel better soon hun xxx

Numberfour Thu 05-Nov-09 13:53:49

yip, dizzy too...

i have let my parents all know, just waiting to hear from them.

Numberfour Thu 05-Nov-09 13:57:29

sorry,looney. all about ME!!
that's bad news for you. we would really struggle with such a big loss so hope all's well your side.

the cost of being self employed.

looneytune Thu 05-Nov-09 13:57:38

This is the thing. People who've not had it before think it's just a bad throat!! Have you got ABs? I was so much better 24 hrs after taking ABs!! Hope you feel better soon x

Numberfour Thu 05-Nov-09 14:09:06

got a doc appointment at 3.50. had to say it was an emergency otherwise they would not see me. grrrrrrrrrrrr.

looney, so true. def not just a sore throat.

thanks for your support!! i have permission from looney to say i am not well and am closing!!!

LoveMyGirls Thu 05-Nov-09 14:48:30

I know how you feel mate, I had a day off yesterday, I have an ear infection and was stressed about mounting paperwork, thought you know what I NEED a day to get sorted, I'd spent at least 10hours over the weekend trying to get paperwork sorted out and was tired, ill, arguing with dh because he was fed up of me being stressed and so busy all the time. I lost £80 but I don't regret it, I feel so much happier now, I've still got ear infection but at least I'm not stressed and me and dh are happy, my dd's loved me having the day off because it hardly ever happens and I did get everything done and today I'm back to my usual happy self, still in a bit of pain but it's manageable with painkillers (unlike monday, tuesday and most of wed's) take the day off, get yourself some rest and you will feel much better. I hate letting parents down and I did ask them rather than tell them but sometimes it's unavoidable, it wouldn't have been fair for me to carry on the rest of the week feeling how I felt mon/ tue tbh.

Numberfour Thu 05-Nov-09 18:20:16

thanks,lovemygirls
i am dreading making one phone call tonight about taking tomorrow off because this mum does not have anyone else to fall back on to take her son to school.... but i cannot get up at 6am tomorrow. as it is, DH is working late tonight and the thought of bathing DS and getting him to bed is exhausting! and he is not bad at going to bed at all!

doc says it is only throat infection, not tonsillitis. i feel a bit of a fraud, but i honestly feel crappola de luxe!

early night for me!

xoxcherylxox Fri 06-Nov-09 11:54:08

hiya just a thought but i am a childminder up in scotland this year was the 1st time in 6 years i had to take 1 sick day after that i decided that i was deducting a weeks fees from the yearly amount (i usually wrk fees out for the whole year and divide by 12 or 52 so i get paid the same every month)so that it covered a weeks sick leave hopefully i never have to use it or use more than the week but it covers me money wise as i cant afford to be ill

Numberfour Fri 06-Nov-09 16:05:14

that's an novel idea, xoxcherylxox. and i admire your stamina not taking more than one day in 6 yrs!

i am still feeling really rough so have sent DH out to get my ABs. no energy to do nowt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now