Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

help please - EYFS - scrap boks etc

(11 Posts)
vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 04-Nov-09 10:53:59

i've made a display folder for mindee with photo's of them playing eating on trips out and of things they've made - i've added litle comments about the photo's and dated them.
is this enough or do i need to link everything to EYFS?

Katymac Wed 04-Nov-09 11:08:29

Sounds fab

I'd link them - there are several ways to do it

Either

A code (this is what I use) write a letter or a number which links to a card/section

A colour - link it to the cards/areas of L&D or part of ECM

Copy & paste the links, Print them out, then stick the strips into the page

You might come up with a way of your own

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 04-Nov-09 11:24:39

thanks Katy - i'll try your way!

is it just me but i can't seem to get my brain to absorb the EYFS folder hmm TBH i'm like that with most official stuff i read!

Katymac Wed 04-Nov-09 11:36:07

I've sent you the main code sheet (at least I think I have)

looneytune Wed 04-Nov-09 11:41:19

Vi - I'm the same. Off with a sick bug and decided to look AGAIN at the EYFS pack and try and get my head round it all. I'm one of these people that can't 'get' things for ages and ages then one day the penny drops and it all makes sense. I just want this to make sense NOW!!!

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 04-Nov-09 12:37:55

thanks Katy - for some reason i can't open the file? i'll try and work it out later!

looney - glad it's not just me!

it really makes me laugh that i choose to do childminding due to my lack of qualifications and training and now find myself struggling with paperwork and reading material!
I'm not thick but i have a creative brain rather than an academic one so i'm hoping the inspector will be so distracted with the visuals of the scrapbook they don't notice the lack of theory!

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 04-Nov-09 12:54:12

got it thanks katy smile

pippin26 Wed 04-Nov-09 17:04:35

tons of help and support over on www.childmindinghelp.co.uk

you do need to show an understanding of EYFS so linking your observations to the statements in the grids are a good way of demonstrating this to OFsted and it helps show the childs progression

I have some good observation sheets if you are interested. vik3000@hotmail.co.uk

what we have done at work is put the EYFS poster up and then just got string conecting photo to whichever point to links too Quick easy and no stress grin hth

hennipenni Wed 04-Nov-09 18:42:31

But don't forget to include planning for the next steps (unless you use a different book/folder/whatever for this).

vInTaGeVioLeT Fri 06-Nov-09 00:23:50

thank-you all for the advice grin
my head is still buried in the sand ATM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now