Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Help with pre-registration ofsted visit

(12 Posts)
Mumsaysno Tue 03-Nov-09 13:56:36

Hi Im new to this forum, I have attended my pre-registration briefing session, filled in my forms for ofsted and am now trying to work my way through all the leaflets and the EYFS booklets.

Could anyone please give me any advice/guidance as to the sort of things ofsted will be looking for when they come to do my registration visit, what sort of questions they will ask (EYFS) and what paperwork I need to have ready? TIA.

There seems to be soooo much to read and work through.

Thanks

nannynick Tue 03-Nov-09 19:14:42

Not a childminder so can't help that much. I think you don't need all equipment in place but do need an idea (a list) of what you will be getting.
www.bromleycma.org.uk is a good website for ideas on policies/procedures/risk assessment paperwork. They have things you can download and adapt.

Bumping for you, so with luck some childminders will spot it.

navyeyelasH Tue 03-Nov-09 19:16:11

they will ask you anything from that booklet you should have. You don't need to have anthing ready just need to have an understanding of what paperwork you will need. If you do have some paperwork done it might make you look better - I had my policies and procedures.

Mine took 3 hours!

Mumsaysno Tue 03-Nov-09 21:32:00

Thanks for replying. Anyone else got any advice PLEASE

nannynick Wed 04-Nov-09 07:21:45

Bump for wed morning crowd.

WshosheBANG Wed 04-Nov-09 07:34:25

Goodmorning smile

If you would like to look at the Handbook with policies and such I give to my mentees, email me at nanny 475 at hotmail dot com and i will send them through to you.

pippin26 Wed 04-Nov-09 08:06:52

have you checked out www.childmindinghelp.co.uk?
Tons of helps and advice on that site

Mumsaysno Wed 04-Nov-09 12:15:14

Thanks WshosheBANG I have sent you an email.

WshosheBANG Wed 04-Nov-09 14:30:22

Mumsaysno I havnt recieved it?

Mumsaysno Wed 04-Nov-09 16:00:49

Have sent it again to

nanny475@hotmail.com is this the right email address?

WshosheBANG Wed 04-Nov-09 17:57:57

recieved and replied {grin]

thebody Wed 04-Nov-09 18:16:27

dont panic, they dont want to catch you out in fact you should ask them as many questions as they ask you.. flatter them..

you dont need everything in place but you need to know what you will need to do when the children are in your house... think safety safety safety, have some policies and proceedures.. fire, outings,etc.,

good luck and you will be fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now