Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM club/or any accounts out there, just a quick question....

(5 Posts)
Fruitbatlings Mon 02-Nov-09 13:30:22

Just had a new boiler fitted, can I claim a percentage on expenses? Seeing as I need heat and hot water to work...... <ever hopeful>
If so, what percentage - I work full time

Katymac Mon 02-Nov-09 13:37:32

Only if you had a special childminding boiler

If it's just a normal boiler then I think not....sorry

Fruitbatlings Mon 02-Nov-09 13:39:48

but if I didn't buy one, I wouldn't be able to work no? <<clutching!>>

MrAnchovy Mon 02-Nov-09 14:19:12

If you didn't have a home you couldn't childmind, but your home isnt wholly used for childminding so you can't claim a new house against tax either. HMRC recognise the fact that part of the costs you incur in maintaining your home are related to childminding, that is what the 10% wear and tear allowance is meant to cover.

Fruitbatlings Mon 02-Nov-09 14:23:37

Yes, good point there MrA. I forgot about the wear and tear - ah well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now