Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Suggestions please for a leaving present for a fab CM

(4 Posts)
pregnantpeppa Fri 30-Oct-09 20:57:05

If you were a CM who had been looking after a mindee for 2.5 years, had been very flexible and had a really good relationship with the mindee and parents, what would you like as a leaving present? Was thinking maybe a spa day voucher, but then not sure if CM would be the sort of person to go to a spa on her own - I looked into trying to get a voucher so she could bring a friend but not sure I can afford it. I also thought of getting a voucher for the whole family to go to a theme park (she has two boys aged 13 and 10 and I'd like to get them a present from my DD too as they are so lovely playing with her). Any other ideas much appreciated please!

claudialyman Fri 30-Oct-09 22:48:06

your theme park idea sounds lovely! also with christmas coming fast i think many people would really appreciate a voucher for wherever they shop for gifts, food etc to keep costs down or get extras they wouldnt otherwise -M&S, or any of the supermarkets. think your theme park one the most thoughtful tho!

Littlefish Fri 30-Oct-09 23:13:27

I bought dd's lovely childminder a digital photo frame. I pre-loaded a few photos of my dd with her own children on it and she then added loads of her own photos on it. She absolutely loved it.

Voucher for facial/massage/nails at local salon perhaps. DD got me one for last mothers day and it was soooo fab - me time with no kids around grin

Or voucher for local restuarant, then she could share it with DP - one of my parents did this and we had a lush nite. It's often forgotten that partners share the 'CM experience' too smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now