Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Giving notice to CM - difficult one...

(4 Posts)
Diskeyes Fri 30-Oct-09 08:01:08

Hi all,

I have the best CM ever, we all love her so much and my DC's settled with her straight away and have been going for well over a year now.

I am very very devastated that we have to give her notice because I have lost my job The other thing I should mention is that she lost a close relative last week and the funeral was yesterday. She has just had two weeks off which I totally understand completely and I don't want her to even begin to think for a minute that is the reason we letting her go. I will still see her daily at the school when dropping DC's off.

I need to write her an official letter but we will be popping over there over the weekend to do it face to face.

In the meantime I will be looking for more work and want to keep the bridges open for when I go back and keep it all friendly. Do you think this will happen? DH is gonna write the letter today so any words of advice would be great x

LisaD1 Fri 30-Oct-09 08:15:43

Hiya,

I'm a CM and would have absolutley no hard feelings if one of my parents gave notice, as I'm sure most CM's wouldn't. At the end of the day we run a business and sometimes our services are no longer required (or temporarily not required). I'm sure your CM will understand.

All the best on the job hunt too.

HSMM Fri 30-Oct-09 10:23:54

Do her a lovely reference letter as well, to show her how valued she is.

Danthe4th Fri 30-Oct-09 21:34:55

Of course she won't hold it against you, if you are looking for work ask her to let you know if she has any enquiries and to give you first refusal. Keep her up to date as well, good luck with the job hunting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now