Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: I am a childminder no more!!

(10 Posts)
Katymac Wed 28-Oct-09 17:49:01

Well I am actually but I am also childcare on Domestic Premises - which apparently has more to do with toilets than anything else hmm

looneytune Wed 28-Oct-09 17:54:12

Great stuff but WTF is that about toilets??? hmm Does this mean you can help those people out at the club that's closing?

Katymac Wed 28-Oct-09 18:25:30

Hopefully - but no-one has got in touch

Umm well you have to have

* at least 2 staff (well I'm only CDP if I have more than 3 so that isn't relevant)
* at least half my staff must be level 2 qualified (well half is level 3 qual)
* I must have 1 sink & loo for every 10 children over the age of 2 (so I make damn sure I have less than 10 children over the age of 2)

So I'm sorted

I also need to add a bullying policy, have a specific 'collecting from school' RA hmm, a visit from a fire safety officer & photocopy everyone's driving license hmmx2

looneytune Wed 28-Oct-09 18:33:20

Oh right, I find all this confusing!! grin

As for bullying policy, I've got one if you need ideas.

Good luck with it all

Katymac Wed 28-Oct-09 18:37:09

Oh would you mind (save me writing one tonight)?

looneytune Wed 28-Oct-09 18:46:39

No probs, you've helped me out no end!! I'll email it now

looneytune Wed 28-Oct-09 18:50:27

Sent to both your email addresses

Katymac Wed 28-Oct-09 19:05:06

Thanks - I am finding it very confusing

I can use nursery ratios now (if I want) or childminding ratios - which is very confusing as is the whole 10 over 2 thing tbh

I am a bit mind blown by it all

& how on earth do I advertise it?

nannynick Wed 28-Oct-09 22:12:05

A provider near me have always call themselves a nursery, and are registered as being on non-domestic premises (strange, as I thought the family lived upstairs - maybe they have a kitchen upstairs so don't need to use downstairs at all) - in their last report it says "The children have use of ground floor of the owner's home, which includes the use of three rooms and a conservatory." Hmm, so still a domestic premises then in my view!
They are registered to care for 19 children from 2 years to under 8 years at any one time. Thus probably similar to your setting Katymac, though perhaps a little bigger. Not sure how they advertise it... but nursery has always been in their name... so maybe it's a Home Feel Nursery or something like that.

10 over 2 thing... so does that mean you have to have 2 toilets the children can use if you have 11-20 children?

Katymac Thu 29-Oct-09 07:47:37

I think not - currently (& pretty much historically) I have 6 under 2's; I am only allowed 12 so I can't see it being an issue

I have dual registration (so at the start/end of the day I can have 1 member of staff on duty - not like Daycare)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now