Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Budget for childminder's Christmas gift?

(7 Posts)
JetSetWilly Tue 27-Oct-09 21:51:48

I am trying to be organised this year and will shortly be buying my CM her Christmas gift grin

I have visited her house and see that she uses Molton Brown so have decided to buy her something/vouchers from there. How much do you think I should spend?

CM looks after DS two days a week 8am to 6.30pm and looks after (and takes him) to nursery on two other mornings (so looks after him from 8am to 9.30am on those days). CM is great, DS and I both really like her, just in case any of this info makes a difference!

JanJanJanJan Wed 28-Oct-09 14:26:36

I would go for £20-£25.

Well, if it helps - I'm a CM and would be uncomfortable with anything over a token gift around £5-£10. Especially from a part timer. A full timer of 45-50 hours a week would be a bit different.

smile

atworknotworking Wed 28-Oct-09 17:39:14

I got vouchers from my p/t mindee for xmas last year £80 was really kind but I think overly generous. I think no more than £20 would be fine, personally I like a nice homemade x'mas card, something I can keep and look at when the little ones move on.

bamboostalks Wed 28-Oct-09 17:57:14

I will give my childminder £100 in vouchers. Last year was £50 but she hasn't increased her rates in the 2 years I have been her client and I think she is fab. I welcome the chance to show my appreciation.

JetSetWilly Wed 28-Oct-09 18:46:50

thanks for all your replies guys

well JanJanJanJan I must say I was thinking in my mind of spending about that amount - I think you can get their shower gel/bath gel for about £14 each so I was thinking of getting two of those.

However after reading this thread and thinking about it I may buy one bottle and make something with DS (for CM to keep) or food related (to share with the family who also open their home to DS).

This will (hopefully) also get around the problem of seeming to be overly generous - which I fully understand.

is your CM full time bamboostalks? That is a very generous christmas gift your CM has there! but I fully understand your thinking, a good CM is worth their weight in gold, and mine certainly is, it's just I would probably feel a bit odd spending that much <doesn't mention that she actually doesn't have that much to spend anyway>

Christmas is expensive, I would rather the parent spent the cash on their own family, not me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now