Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

overnight childminding

(4 Posts)
nissa Tue 27-Oct-09 20:29:06

I'm in the process of registering and won't be taking on any full time mindess to begin with other then my baby nephew but I was thinking that an overnighter once or twice a week would be ok.

Anyone here do it?

What do you charge?
where do the kids sleep?
Do you have your own kids?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

HSMM Tue 27-Oct-09 21:44:56

I do it occasionally and charge an absolute fortune (because I don't want to do it regularly).

Kids sleep in their own room.

I have one DD of my own.

There are other people here who do it more regularly. I registered for overnight care back in the dark ages when we had a strapping fire officer come to inspect the house, to see if it was safe for overnight care.

looneytune Wed 28-Oct-09 14:02:46

I regularly do overnight care and also charge a lot as wouldn't be worth it otherwise. I charge £70 per night but for regular mindees who are settled with me, I charge £50 per night. My full policy is on my website in case that's helpful to you.

They have to have their own room when staying overnight. I have 2 ds myself and because I've only had young mindees overnight who use a cot, I move my ds2 into our room for the night (into travel cot) and put fresh bedding on his cot and that's where the mindee stays.

HTH

As a night nanny for children who sleep through the night I charge £100 from 7pm-7am and for those who wake at night (ie babies who need settling or feeding) I charge £12 an hr.

obv I am doing this in childs own home

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now