Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ofsted inspection grading

(5 Posts)
iloveholidays Tue 27-Oct-09 15:15:15

I am trying to narrow down a large list of childminders in the local area.

Is there a way of finding out what their ofsted grading was at their last inspection without having to call each one up?

Thanks in advance

sheeplikessleep Tue 27-Oct-09 15:17:32

The way I did it was to get a list from Childrens Information Service (CIS) - I called and they emailed it through.
This list contained amongst other details, last date of inspection.
I then tallied these dates with the list on the ofsted website. (as there are 365 days in year, I thought chance of being assessed on same day was slim)
Why oh why Ofsted or CIS can't combine this information (I think it's about confidentiality of CM), but it is a faff.
It took a while, but I got there doing it this way.

HSMM Tue 27-Oct-09 15:47:03

Do read between the lines though, as a 'good' childminder may be better for your individual child than the 'outstanding' childminder down the road. (speaking as an 'outstanding' childminder - I know I would be the best grin)

Katymac Tue 27-Oct-09 15:51:28

Yes OFSTED is often a paper exercise with those really good childminders with little academic/paperwork ability being down graded compared to poorer childminders with excellent admin skills

Danthe4th Tue 27-Oct-09 17:32:08

If you can know where they are and the postcode you can check on the ofsted website, or you put in your postcode and the reports of cm's closest to you will come up, its usually quite easy to work out who they are from the reports.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now