Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Playdates and au pairs...

(6 Posts)
madcows Tue 27-Oct-09 12:37:38

Hi all,
I've had two playdates cancelled in the last couple of days... Both were arranged to be at our house, with our au pair (as I'm at work). I'm just suddenyl had a moment of doubt - are there genuine reasons for cancelling? Or could both mums be worrying about being looked after by an au pair? They are 6yo... Has anyone else found this was an issue... (or am I just being paranoid?!)
madcows

DadInsteadofMum Tue 27-Oct-09 14:07:54

My 6 yo frequently has play dates around at our house when the AP is in charge, none of the mums ever seem concerned. I would ignore Lady Bracknell on this one and give it a bit longer to establish a pattern.

HarrietTheSpy Tue 27-Oct-09 14:20:35

When DD1 has playdates at home on Fridays, I find I tend to need to reassure the other mums I'm home too. They like the au pair but that's just how it is so far. They obviously don't do this with the nanny. My DD is younger though, and the au pair has another child to look after too, so maybe it's different.

StillSquiffy Tue 27-Oct-09 15:46:25

We have an AP and the mums have no qualms leaving the kids with him. DS is also 6.

theoriginalmummypoppins Tue 27-Oct-09 16:42:04

when I had au pairs I never had a problem with this.

madcows Wed 28-Oct-09 09:00:43

THanks everyone! Reassuring to know that this has not been an issue for others! And indeed, I think i was being paranoid... as have been in touch with one of the mums and her excuse was genuine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now