Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much do you give your nanny for petrol?

(2 Posts)
Rebecca41 Mon 26-Oct-09 19:41:28

My nanny is starting in December, and I'm just adjusting a sample contract I've got for her.

One section is about car costs, if she ever takes the DS's out in her car. (She's not living-in, so will use her own car for journeys). I don't know how much to reimburse her for petrol. I worked out what the petrol cost per mile would be for her car, and it comes to about 10p/mile, which can't be right. I was under the impression people usually get 20-40p/mile.

Any ideas? Thank you.

nannynick Mon 26-Oct-09 19:50:09

HMRC: Rates - Travel this tells you the maximum amount before it is considered to be profit. So you can pay up to 40p per mile for the first 10,000 miles a year.
If you don't pay 40p per mile, your nanny can claim tax relief on the difference between what you pay and 40p a mile - if that makes sense. See reference to P87 in Income Tax: Allowances and Reliefs, Employees

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now