Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I need a present idea for CM of nearly 3 years - help please!

(10 Posts)
theGreatPumpkin Mon 26-Oct-09 15:32:31

I am shortly going on mat leave for my second baby. My DS goes to a CM just round the corner from my office, which is about a 45 min commute from home. Because of the distance we have had to give the CM notice, as obviously it is not practical for him to continue going to her. She has had him 2 full days a week for nearly three years and I would really like to buy her a gift to show our appreciation of her excellent care. BUT I have no idea what, we have known her on a professional basis all this time, not social, so I don't really know what she might like/would be appropriate. And money is obv a bit tight since I am leaving work (hopefully never to return wink).

Does anyone have any ideas at all please?

vvvodka Mon 26-Oct-09 15:33:56

a voucher for a massage

WailingGhoshe Mon 26-Oct-09 16:04:31

Iwas given a Tea for Two from here which was a lovely different gift,fromone family.

HSMM Mon 26-Oct-09 16:10:43

Wine, chocolates and a fantastic letter of reference?

theGreatPumpkin Mon 26-Oct-09 16:40:52

Thanks all. The letter of reference is a given! I had wondered about a massage/spa voucher but wondered if it was a bit too personal (I am prob v over sensitive). I will look into the afternoon tea thing, sounds lovely! I have done the wine thing before for Christmas/birthday so wanted something a bit different this time.

Danthe4th Mon 26-Oct-09 18:57:51

A set of nursery rhyme puppets and book, and a voucher to a local restaurant.
Body shop basket of goodies and ELC voucher.

Crackopenthebaileys Mon 26-Oct-09 19:06:26

I just got the most lovely gift from my mindee who recently left and is worth more to me than anything else they could have done.
They drew 'bye bye crack on a long bit of cardboard, which he then coloured in. A bit like a long plaquard. Then they took a picture of him holding it and gave it to me framed. I got really choked when I got it, and I absolutely LOVE it!

MaureenMLove Mon 26-Oct-09 19:07:04

One of my parents bought me this once. I love the words and it really touched me.

Not everyones cup of tea, but she got it right on the button for me!

HSMM Tue 27-Oct-09 08:23:33

Ooooh. Massage/spa voucher sounds good

PollyLogos Tue 27-Oct-09 08:26:07

A yearly subscription to a magazine?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now