Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club:Half-term staffroom - lots of children

(13 Posts)
Katymac Mon 26-Oct-09 08:27:22

Lots to do today, lots of extra children

Must do calming, relaxing techniques to get me through

BradfordMum Mon 26-Oct-09 08:42:43

Same here.
I applied for a variation and was told I would have the decision by 19th oct. Baby started on 20th!
Still not heard and despite chasing it up, am STILL waiting for Ofsted to call me.
So.....I am over my numbers for 30 mins today over lunchtime.
Stupid ofsted.

badgerhead Mon 26-Oct-09 08:51:04

I have a quiet day today just my 2 dd's (16 & 12) plus a pair of mindies who are sisters (7 & 2), my other mindie who was due is off ill again. Tomorrow & Thursday I have more with 3 under 5's and 2 older ones & on Wednesday a quiet day with one more than today & Friday should have 4 mindies. Then next week a four day week due to NCMA Conference yay!

PinkChick Mon 26-Oct-09 14:35:24

Hi girls..am very sad today as ive done something to my back, started last tues and has got worse to the point of me crying ion pain this morning...i slipped disc years ago..feels similar sad...got one mindee today but shes dd's friend and theyve just got on with everything ive putnout for them, theyre being fantastic.
Got doc app in about 2 hours, went last fri but nurse wasnt 'sure' with backs and just told me to take ibuprofen...they helped at first but now they have NO effect at all sad...am really worried..health wise and work wose as i am busy rest of week and can barely movesad....

Sorry just a big wonge reallyblush..hope everyone else having a better day.x

mumsanutter Mon 26-Oct-09 14:38:34

I hav emy 4 boys and 3 mindees today - my busiest day over this half term - am actually off on wednesday!! but i've spent the whole day so far worry about money!! What was busy bees has lost my payment - parent is chasing! and one of the others has paid me throught electronic transfer and it hasn't ome through yet!!!!! sad

RosieGirl Mon 26-Oct-09 16:24:52

7 today including my own from 9 months - 12 years, busy but good fun, everyone designed their own pumpkin face, stuck their hands in and pulled all the seeds and bits out then I carved the faces on - They all looked brilliant lined up and lit. Also hamma beads, salt dough and glitter, my slippers keep sticking to the floor grin.

Bradfordmum, I have had a similar problem with OFSTED, I currently have a variation for 4 under 5 but needed an alteration on a different day. I have literally had variations for the last 5 years due to siblings etc. They have always been really good. I would send a letter detailing what I needed, then someone would usually call me back chat it through then send me a new certificate. I wrote to them in September, after two weeks waiting, I called them and was told I hadn't given all the correct information and would have to fill in a form, as they now have a new system hmm. I had to wait for the form, I filled in exactly the same information I had already written in the first place, I sent it back - no response, so I called, was told I had to give it 14 days minimum and explained I had already sent a letter earlier, I waited the appropriate time called back, was put on hold for 20 minutes and told they couldn't get through to the variations department and would send an urgent E-mail for me - still no response another 2 weeks later. The family I was requesting the variation for have had to find alternative childcare and I still can't give them a definate answer for several other dates in Nov/Dec. angry

Typical OFSTED - something was working, so they changed how it was done to make it quicker and hence it is worse than ever, do they ever learn - if it ain't broke ............................

Katymac Mon 26-Oct-09 17:38:12

Lots of sympathy please

I have a boil in my ear shock[pity me]

& I have OFSTED coming on Wednesday to change my registration from Childminding to Childcare on Domestic premises

I'm not sure the 2 are mutually compatible sad

Danthe4th Mon 26-Oct-09 18:50:33

Ouch to the boil in your ear, that sounds really painful.

oh and i've got the week off,thank goodness needed to recharge my batteries. But i've got 4 of my own and my 2nd dd is 13 on wednesday so she's a bit excited and in a moment of madness I agreed to take 7 friends to a restaurant and then back for a sleepover. We only live in a tiny 3 bed so theyre all camping in the living room. I may need another week off!!

Katymac Tue 27-Oct-09 07:45:53

It is

very very painful of course if I had gone to the dr earlier it would have been less problem......but who has time?

& OFSTED are coming tomorrow - I only emailed my variation on Friday afternoon - so lots of consistency there

vInTaGeVioLeT Tue 27-Oct-09 11:19:15

I GOT A PHONE ENQUIRY grin
yay! one day a week which is PERFECT only scary bit to me is it is a 9hr day with a very young baby - i don't have much experience with young babies [apart from my own] coming for a visit after half-term keep your fingers crossed for me please.
would you charge the same hourly rate all day or charge over-time rate for the ninth hour?
and how blardy typical that i just got rid of the pram hmm

Katymac Tue 27-Oct-09 12:04:45

Oh Wow VV

That's great - do you need a double buggy?

What hours do they want?

vInTaGeVioLeT Tue 27-Oct-09 16:41:29

hey Katy smile hours 9.30 - 6.30 just one day - if i do get the child and it works out well i may be able to swap other mindee's day to the same as newbie which would be ace - i still have my double buggy but it's suitable from 6months so maybe a sling for awhile?

mustn't count my chickens yet though . . . .

Katymac Tue 27-Oct-09 17:05:10

For those hours I wouldn't charge O/T I don't think

Fingers crossed for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now