Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

wot no staffroom?

(6 Posts)
vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 21-Oct-09 12:51:45

hello everyone smile
hope everyone is well and have plenty of work.
i'm still just working one day a week with just one child but have an extra day in half term with two children at once shock which will be great for ds as he will be missing his school buddies, hoping we get decent weather in half-term and hoping to get to go to the cinema to see "up" has anyone seen it?

oh chocolate muffins on table help yourselves

Katymac Wed 21-Oct-09 13:15:49

Well this morning I was told if 3 (children or adults) go off with D&V I should close until there have been 5 days with no further cases shock

I questioned this & asked for it in writing

The person (env health)I was speaking to went off to talk to a 'supervisor' & then backed off straight away saying they had no power to close me & I should do what ever I think best as long as my ratios were legal and the safety of the children was not compromised.hmm

I am confused

HSMM Wed 21-Oct-09 13:24:23

You're not having a great time at the moment are you Katymac. Hope you're feeling better.

I have had another crayoning on the wooden floor incident today (whilst fetching lunch from the kitchen).

The girls knew they shouldn't have done it (I could tell by their faces when I came back into the room). I really don't want to put things out of their reach so they have to ask.

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 21-Oct-09 18:17:58

katymac shock close for five days? how many have come down with the bug?

hsmm - i would definately take the crayons away so they have to be asked for especially as this isn't the first time it's happened but i am a meany wink

sofewbraincellsleft Wed 21-Oct-09 19:36:48

5 days, OMG, well hope it doesn't come to that Katymac.

One of my mindees had D&V a month ago, on his return, mum contracted it, then dad. Luckily neither mindees or myself got it.

Katymac Wed 21-Oct-09 20:03:48

Well I closed on Friday, Opened on Monday as normal & we have had no further cases - Thank Goodness

Far too many people got it sad

Now in the next village over the before & after school clubs are closing - I just had a phone call can I 'do' anything

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now