Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny for after school & hols - possible?

(3 Posts)
Kazzia Mon 19-Oct-09 15:23:11

Sure this has been asked loads of times. Looking at a 2 day a week job. Would like nanny to pick up 3.30 & look after till 7pm plus also 2 days a week in hols for 6 weeks of hols per year. Live in London.

Have in mind there must be loads of students out there to do this job. Is it true - Londoners let me know your experience.

By the way pls don't suggest childminders as there is a real dearth in our area and kids after school clubs/ swimming etc would make this all really comlicated.

Thanks

MilkNoPoisonPlease Mon 19-Oct-09 16:47:43

Hi, im a nanny and thats how i started- couple after school and couple dys in hols.

i think yo could find someone BUT you would have to gurantee which day so they could find work around it,

alternitavely ask your local college(whereabouts in london do you live?) they may have a childcare level 3 student that would be interested- they would be crb checked due to placement

hth

Yes I would say a childcare student at college or uni student would be interested in those hours alternatively a nanny with own child may also find those hours appealing.

a childcare student will cost you in region of £5 an hr whereas a nanny would be around £7.50-£8.50 an hr with own child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now