Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: Monday staffroom; Germ free (hopefully) & full of infection control

(16 Posts)
Katymac Mon 19-Oct-09 09:50:53

Morning, I am well (DD has chest infection, I think)

Lots of infection control measures in place & several irate parents objecting to the 48hr rule hmm

HSMM Mon 19-Oct-09 10:23:30

So ... all those parents are happy for other children to be playing with their child, who have had D&V within the last 48 hours are they? I don't think so! I had a parent swear at me on the doorstep week before last for sending a child home for (min) 48 hours. I know it is a pain for parents and their work, but much less of a pain than it would be for all the children and staff to be ill (with all the parents having trouble with work and us having no money coming in).

Looking forward to half term. I love school holidays and having all the children playing together, with no deadlines (school runs) to stick to.

Katymac Mon 19-Oct-09 10:32:25

One intended to bring their child in from 3:30 to 5, on the day I was closed.....exactly 48 hrs after I sent them home & arrived to drop him off for that at 9am hmm - & it's all my fault for not informing them I was closed

LoveMyGirls Mon 19-Oct-09 10:37:23

I'm not well, feeling sick and a bit cotton wooly, dd2 off nursery with temp but I gave parents the choice of sending mindees and 1 has because her ds has got a streaming nose anyway and one hasn't. We're having a day in (apart form school run's) I'm hoping I get better as the week goes on.

Katymac Mon 19-Oct-09 12:46:00

Well I have reported myself to Env. health, HPA & now OFSTED sad

LoveMyGirls Mon 19-Oct-09 13:32:57

I must have missed something?

?? Katy??

Katymac Mon 19-Oct-09 14:49:44

More than 3 linked cases of D&V - I am being investigated sad

hennipenni Mon 19-Oct-09 15:08:27

Katy, just as an aside, do schools have to report themselves when more than 3 connected cases of D&V occur? I wouldn't think so, so what's the difference? Surely it only becomes a problem if it's caused by something like C-dif?

Katymac Mon 19-Oct-09 15:51:29

Well the HPA leaflet says for them too

what is going to happen then? Do ou have to keep closed? Has anyone else come down now?

Katymac Mon 19-Oct-09 20:36:59

It's probably norovirus - we can stay open

Anyone new gets it has to send (a hot & steaming) sample to the hospital hmm

No new ones (Thanks goodness) - I am so stressed

Katymac Mon 19-Oct-09 21:37:07

I feel so awful that I am responsible for the spread of this sad

HSMM Mon 19-Oct-09 22:46:50

I didn't catch it off you Katy and I've been chatting on Mumsnet with you the whole time you've been ill. Can't be your fault then, can it?

Katymac Mon 19-Oct-09 22:56:33

Not funny - i should have closed last week - but I didn't add it all up, I was too ill

Don't feel bad Katy, you made the best decisions that you could at the time with what details you had. You are not a GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now