Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CMs & PARENTS - Can you please look at my website, I have a question.......

(8 Posts)
looneytune Sun 18-Oct-09 18:04:14

I've only had my updated website for approx a month but one of the enquiries I had the other night made me wonder if the email address needs to be more clear. I was in the garage and had no pen or paper so chatted about what I could offer and then asked the lady to email me her requirements. When we were on the phone she was looking and couldn't find it and I was trying to explain but couldn't remember 100% as it's a new site, I just said to keep looking and it will be there.

But I'm wondering if it's because it says 'contact me' and doesn't actually show an email address.

Please can you have a look on the homepage of my site and tell me what you think. I'm wondering if maybe I should have a 'contact me' page with all the contact details there again, just to be 100% clear.

What do you think?

TIA

Katymac Sun 18-Oct-09 18:09:27

Fairly obvious imo

nannynick Sun 18-Oct-09 18:15:19

If you have space, could you add it below the phone numbers in the header?
I have phone number and e-mail in the footer of every page, to help people always find them.

hormonstersnomore Sun 18-Oct-09 18:29:36

I clicked on this thread as I was a registered childminder years ago when my first child was small. I'd just like to compliment you on your website which imo is superb - you've put a lot of work into it and it reflects the enthusiasm & love you obviously feel for your job. Congratulations and well done.smile And I found your contact details easily.

addictedtosuckingblood Sun 18-Oct-09 18:37:45

i think its fairly obvious tbh.

however if your a parent in a panic looking for a cm and your looking for an e-mail address so you can send an e-mail, it could get lost!

so a 'contact' page would be a good idea, however you dont 'need' it iykwim

MrAnchovy Sun 18-Oct-09 18:42:01

Good looking site. I would definately add a contacts page. Many people use web mail and don't have an email client on their PC so they click the 'Contact Me' link and nothing happens. TBH the designers should have pointed this out.

As a quick fix, change <a href="mailto:enquiries@helenslittleangels.co.uk"><span>Contact me</span></a> to <a href="mailto:enquiries@helenslittleangels.co.uk"><span>Email me</span></a> at enquiries@helenslittleangels.co.uk

MrsJamin Sun 18-Oct-09 19:05:37

Having "contact me" as a direct mailto: link is not very obvious IMHO. "Email me" would be better but you should have your email address too - if you don't want it to be easily spammed you could just have it in the image under the phone numbers and still have 'email me' under your introduction. I love the rest of your website though, it looks really professional yet approachable.

looneytune Sun 18-Oct-09 19:24:00

Thanks everyone

Nick - afraid the header bit is fixed for me. I've been given a Content Management System which is great but I can't do anything about the top bit as that's to do with the actual design. I could possibly speak to them but I don't really want to bother them as it's a mindees' parents company (they got their team to build it for free as a little project test for some new people).

hormonstersnomore - thanks so much, it did take a while but think it was worth it Btw, LOVE the name grin

MrAnchovy - interesting, I'll feed that info back to them, I wasn't aware myself

MrsJamin - I like that, I'll see if I can change that myself via the CMS and if not, I'm sure they'll do this for me as it's only a tiny change.

Right, I'll add a 'contact me' page as that should be pretty easy. I'll just not put my address on or if I do, I'll not put the house number.

Thanks everyone. I think yes it's pretty obvious once it's pointed out but if in a rush, may not be so obvious.

Now I need to write a whole new section about working with an assistant, now that I've taken dh on (I'll probably come back for advice on that wink)

Thanks all. Off to put my little one in bed then get ready for X Factor grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now