Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Could this work? Mix of CM and Nanny for Under-5's?

(2 Posts)
dontrunwithscissors Sun 18-Oct-09 13:44:33

I have devised a 'childcare master plan' for when I return to work, but I'm wondering whether this will work....

- I will need childcare for 2 days per week from when DD2 is 6 months (DD1 will be 3.3yrs). I plan on using a childminder for these two days (probably Mon, Tues).

- Once DD2 is 1 year old, I will need full time childcare. I plan on maintaining the 2 days with a CM, and recruiting a nanny to work the other 3 days.

I'm wondering, though, whether having 2 carers will be confusing, especially for the youngest. On the positive side, both DD's should be settled with the CM before the nanny is introduced, plus they will obviously be cared for by the nanny in a familiar environment. This set up would work perfectly for myself and DH in every way, but I'm not sure about DC's (which obviously is the priority).

I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who has any experience of, or opinions on such an arrangement. Thank! DRWS

nannynick Sun 18-Oct-09 18:25:14

Children adapt easier to things that you may think. I nannied 3 days a week and a grand parent cared for them the other 2 days. It worked fine. Keeping the days the same each week helps a bit, as if there is any confusion you can remind them - today is Monday X is caring for you. You will see Y on Wednesday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now