Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Cm CLub: Wednesday Staff Room...its hump day everyone 8-)

(18 Posts)
PinkChick Wed 14-Oct-09 10:12:01

feeling happier, heard local school nursery have had some enquiries so have taken in some more of my business cards this morning smile.....tax assesment all written out in plain english ready for meeting on Friday and i will then be able to submit it AND..just rang HMRC to enquire about the kitchen appliances i bought last year which we paid a lot extra for because of their safety aspects and lady said yes, because i need these for business and have specifically bought these ones because they are safer to use with the children around then she thinks i should be able to claim something back and is getting another advisor to call me back! smile..she was really nice...why are we / am i afraid of these people LOL...

Have a nice day everyone, im getting this tax years paper work all up to date so i dont have this mess next year!..start work at 12.30 with 1 then pick up 5 (inc DD) from school smile..busy busy

Katymac Wed 14-Oct-09 10:14:36

I thought you were going to email me?

PinkChick Wed 14-Oct-09 10:17:53

im just doing it now chick smile..have been tying up all the lose ends so i can crack on with this years..be with you in a min smile

PinkChick Wed 14-Oct-09 10:31:10

sent..hope you're feeling better?.x

Katymac Wed 14-Oct-09 10:42:54

& returned

Mine has never been that high

Hump day??? shock

Day off here, just chilling and going to friends later

PinkChick Wed 14-Oct-09 11:04:15

hump day = middle of the week...all heading towards weekend now smile

thanks Katy , have emailed you back..dont mind talking to him, he's fine just wanted to know that im not over and above what would be the norm?

ohhh I thought you were being saucy! grin

PinkChick Wed 14-Oct-09 11:43:30

ha ha ha grinsmile.x

leeloo1 Wed 14-Oct-09 11:44:41

Lol, I thought hump day was as in 'I have the hump' (p'd off) and couldn't work out from your post why you would be.

Glad you can claim some of the costs of the appliances - doesn't seem fair you couldn't and if was me I'd have just worked out how much more you'd spent than on regular ones and claimed that bit!

PinkChick Wed 14-Oct-09 11:48:21

LOL LeeLoo1...just replied on other thread to you too...i was trying to work out how i would do it...but its complicated, i couldnt say well i made x hot meals in january LOL...so yours is a good plan!..havent heard back yet, will see what they say...they may divide my working hours against 'home' hours and say something like 40% off it(wishful thinking LOL)

PinkChick Wed 14-Oct-09 11:51:53

well am gunna play catch up tonight with this years paperwork while dp watching footy!...just made a casserole for dinner tonight and getting snacks all ready for the gang after school so i can get dinner straight on/out as thats my most hectic time...am going to have a little tidy of my kitchen cupboards too blush...the high (medicine/candles/wipes) one is shocking LOL....enjoy the rest of the day everyone smile.x

leeloo1 Wed 14-Oct-09 12:14:01

Lol. you can tell my mindee (and own baby) are sleeping!

Good luck with it - found with insurance people (maybe similar?) that sometimes if you make a halfway sensible suggestion then they'll agree as makes their life easier.

I really am not keen on this side of being self-employed - it seems like the rules are so vague.

Danthe4th Wed 14-Oct-09 12:45:08

I'm surprized you can claim for the appliances as its just as easy to use a stairgate.You must have caught someone on a good day!

looneytune Wed 14-Oct-09 14:29:20

Hi everyone. Hope you're all well, haven't been on much for ages and ages. There's stuff I really want to say about 'what happened' in July but not sure? Am I safe in here? Wouldn't be details but would like to show you how rubbish a certain organisation are!!! wink

Dan - not everyone can use a stair gate. I personally put one on when the oven is on but can't the rest of the time as kids are in and out to get to the playroom.

hennipenni Wed 14-Oct-09 14:52:45

Hi looney, you are sounding a whole lot better than you were. The "certain organisation" I take it is the same one that is reeeaaalllyy annoying me at the moment. Cryptic clue (you won't understand but I do wink today is to late!!)

Hi LT, was going to email you later, my problem is resolved amicably wink x

PinkChick Wed 14-Oct-09 22:27:00

well first person was having a good day...person with final say def got out of bed wrong way ...a resounding NO YOU CAN NOT!!!..ah well...worth a try..just wish we hadnt spent £100's extra just for safer bits now and bought a stair gate!

off to bed now, have a good night all.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now