Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Anyone interested/know anyone who would be interested in an au pair position just outside Leeds??

(11 Posts)
NannyBeth Tue 13-Oct-09 15:55:26

Hi

I am currently au pair-ing for a family just outside Leeds and have handed in my notice, so they are looking for a new au pair! They are a fab family, both parents and children are great! The reason I am leaving is that I'm really not enjoying living in, not because of the family at all just me!

You would definately need experience with children under 2.

3 children (5.5, 3.5 boys and 18months girl in Jan), Mon - Thurs from 8am until around 4 or 5pm. The eldest is in school full time, middle is in nursery 2.5 hrs/day and you would have sole charge of the youngest, plus nursery runs and school pickup.

Feel free to ask me anything you want - b underscore gillies at hotmail dot com

whomovedmychocolate Tue 13-Oct-09 21:20:19

Tell them to have a look at childcare.co.uk - or have a look on your local gumtree.

mamayaya Tue 13-Oct-09 22:05:39

NannyBeth - do you want another job?

argento Tue 13-Oct-09 22:13:46

40-45 hours a week sole charge of a child under two looks more like a nanny job than an au pair position! Are they paying nanny wages or au pair pocket money I wonder?

NannyBeth Tue 13-Oct-09 22:45:22

wmmc - they are looking elsewhere as well, just thought I would post here in case anyones up this way looking for a job.

mamayaya - yes, I am looking for positions starting in Jan. I do want to stay up this way though, at least for the time being. Will be looking for something in or around Leeds.

argento - I know. They are paying pocket money rates, but actually quite high pocket money considering location, which I think in their eyes makes it fine.

argento Wed 14-Oct-09 00:20:53

Pocket money for a full time nanny job is totally unacceptable imo.

NannyBeth Wed 14-Oct-09 18:20:37

argento - but they have advertised it as a "au pair" position. I know, its not great, but I'm willing to bet they will find a young girl with a bit of under-2s experience who'll be willing to do it....

argento Wed 14-Oct-09 19:00:06

I'm sure they will, but exploiting people is still not right. I work the same hours but with only one child and get paid probably three or four times a "pocket money" amount.

mamayaya Wed 14-Oct-09 23:35:10

Nannybeth - would you do pt near Leeds? We live near Wetherby.

catepilarr Thu 15-Oct-09 10:32:25

just because someone advertises a job as an 'aupair' position and offers 'pocket money' doesnt make it any less of a nannyjob, does it. not your fault obviosly, nannybeth. i've come across actually quite a few families who thought that whoever is live in or is foreign is called aupair and payed pocket money for whatever their duties are.

NannyBeth Fri 16-Oct-09 22:58:37

mamayaya - yes, I would be very interested!!! My email address is b_gillies@hotmail.com

argento and catepilarr - yes, I know, and I don't agree with exploiting people at all! especially as I am a nanny, so definately don't agree with exploiting nannies!!! However, they managed to find me, so I'm sure they will find someone... I took the position as it was the only one going that I could agree to the contract etc from Australia, which I needed at the time. They have already been in contact with at least a few people... and they started advertising it just on a week ago now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now