Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Have you ever met the person the parents chose over you?

(8 Posts)
navyeyelasH Tue 13-Oct-09 15:22:54

We met a really nice family a few weeks back with more than 1DC as I am a CM and charge at the top end of my area the parents were weighing up a CM v a nanny - that is fair enough as cost wise it would be similar. I have no qualms with that at all - I even pointed the parents the direction of 2 great nanny agencies.

I saw the new nanny in the park yesterday and felt a bid sad for the DC - should I tell the mum or will she think I have an agenda?

We were there for 2 hours and both children were ignored 100% no interaction at all (I don't mean she was on the phone for 2 mins etc). One child (under 1) was in his buggy for the duration (not asleep) and the nanny didn't speak to the DC once.

An older DC had an wee accident and the nanny went balistic really shouted at her etc. I know she was a nanny not a friend of the family as I asked her if everything was alright and did she need some wipes etc when the DC wet her pants.

I should just butt out shouldn't I?

No I don't think you should butt out personally.

thedollshouse Tue 13-Oct-09 15:48:29

I think you should mention it to them, I would want to know.

dreamteamgirl Tue 13-Oct-09 15:54:00

I would agree I think you should mention it. The children arent being cared for properly

addictedtosuckingblood Tue 13-Oct-09 16:04:54

i would mention it, but say something like, i dont know if its my place to say especially as i was your other choice but were you aware this has happend?

Agree with other posters - I would want to know if I was the parent.

As a cm, I had a parent a while back told me they were taking dc out of my care to put into a local playgroup because of the cost - I gave them the playgroup's Ofsted reference number, suggested they read the report, but didn't comment. The child is still with me smile.

sweethoney Tue 13-Oct-09 18:48:43

Totally agree, you are a childminder and care about children, even if she chooses to ignore what you say, you know you will have done what is right. I would def want to know and if you tell her in the right way, she will be v grateful.
Let us know what happens.

kattyo Wed 14-Oct-09 22:47:36

I'd want to know. If you are worried about seeming as if you are toadying for a job - why not mention that you even asked for advice on whether to tell on mumsnet and send them this link!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now