Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB help with records - what do you pass on???

(5 Posts)
leeloo1 Sun 11-Oct-09 11:50:28

After almost 3 months of hard work settling in my mindee and getting all records etc in place, the parents are moving to the other end of the country! ARGH! They're my only mindee, so my concern is that if I give them all of my lovingly written post-its, long observations, scrapbook etc then when Ofsted come to visit then I'll have nothing to show them for all my endeavours.

The mum will be SAHM when they move, so they won't need them to pass on to new CM, but they won't be any use to me, other than for Ofsted to see what I've done...

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Oh and if anyone needs a CM then I have a vacancy.

Katymac Sun 11-Oct-09 12:10:03

Get the parents to sign a statement saying you can keep a copy for XX amount of time (3yrs?5yr?)

Then copy it - give them the originals & keep the copy to show OFSTED

Danthe4th Sun 11-Oct-09 21:21:08

Ofsted are only interested in paperwork for current children not children who have left, but if you haven't any folders to show then I would keep it if mum doesn't want it, especially if youre due an inspection, you could make it non recognisable to the child and make it a dummy to show potential new parents.

leeloo1 Mon 12-Oct-09 13:43:06

Thanks, thats good advice. I thought Ofsted might look at current mindee's planning and obs if new mindee had only just started so didn't have much paperwork yet, as it'd show what I was planning to do with them.

I only started recently so Ofsted due about Feb?

Scarfmaker Mon 12-Oct-09 21:59:55

I would photocopy it - that's what I've done with a few of mine as it's handy to get tips for other mindees observations etc. when going back through the folders.

I know what you mean as I've spent a lot of time and effort with obs, photographs, diaries etc. and that's why I do this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now