Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Cm Club....but open to all

(9 Posts)
hennipenni Fri 09-Oct-09 12:40:21

My 14 yr old DD is babysitting tonight for one of my mindees. Does anybody know the going rate for teens babysitting these days?

hennipenni Fri 09-Oct-09 12:43:44

Not sure why I put CM club, force of habit I think grin

southernbelle77 Fri 09-Oct-09 13:06:40

We pay our teenage (16 yr old) babysitter £5 an hour but I know she does get less (£4 ish I think) from other people. Think it depends on area and experience etc etc. She is the daughter of a CM I know and she comes out on lots of outings with us etc etc so I knew her from that before she started and trust for a lot!

frakkinpannikin Fri 09-Oct-09 17:14:39

I think general consensus is a tenner/a twenty and some snacks depending on how long the sit is.

Danthe4th Fri 09-Oct-09 17:28:21

My 14 year old gets £5 per hour but I think thats quite alot and I couldn't afford that, I think £4 is plenty

thebody Fri 09-Oct-09 18:33:44

think I need to jack in the childminding, loose a decade or 2 and become a professional babysitter with that money..

dmo Fri 09-Oct-09 19:00:25

too right thebody dont know why i do all that paperwork and courses for a teenager to get £5 per hr (and the kids are asleep)!!!!!!!!!!!

Scarfmaker Fri 09-Oct-09 20:03:47

I think £5 per hour is a reasonable rate for a teenager - you've got to remember it's probably only 2-3 hours most people need in the evening so it's got to be worth the teenager's while.

Also, it doesn't matter whether the child/children are awake or asleep - they're still the babysitter's responsibility!

hennipenni Fri 09-Oct-09 21:13:08

thanks, mindees mum and I came to the agreement that she can't earn more than me per hour {grin] but will get chocolates/snacks on top.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: