Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Cm Club....but open to all

(9 Posts)
hennipenni Fri 09-Oct-09 12:40:21

My 14 yr old DD is babysitting tonight for one of my mindees. Does anybody know the going rate for teens babysitting these days?

hennipenni Fri 09-Oct-09 12:43:44

Not sure why I put CM club, force of habit I think grin

southernbelle77 Fri 09-Oct-09 13:06:40

We pay our teenage (16 yr old) babysitter £5 an hour but I know she does get less (£4 ish I think) from other people. Think it depends on area and experience etc etc. She is the daughter of a CM I know and she comes out on lots of outings with us etc etc so I knew her from that before she started and trust for a lot!

frakkinpannikin Fri 09-Oct-09 17:14:39

I think general consensus is a tenner/a twenty and some snacks depending on how long the sit is.

Danthe4th Fri 09-Oct-09 17:28:21

My 14 year old gets £5 per hour but I think thats quite alot and I couldn't afford that, I think £4 is plenty

thebody Fri 09-Oct-09 18:33:44

think I need to jack in the childminding, loose a decade or 2 and become a professional babysitter with that money..

dmo Fri 09-Oct-09 19:00:25

too right thebody dont know why i do all that paperwork and courses for a teenager to get £5 per hr (and the kids are asleep)!!!!!!!!!!!

Scarfmaker Fri 09-Oct-09 20:03:47

I think £5 per hour is a reasonable rate for a teenager - you've got to remember it's probably only 2-3 hours most people need in the evening so it's got to be worth the teenager's while.

Also, it doesn't matter whether the child/children are awake or asleep - they're still the babysitter's responsibility!

hennipenni Fri 09-Oct-09 21:13:08

thanks, mindees mum and I came to the agreement that she can't earn more than me per hour {grin] but will get chocolates/snacks on top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now