Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How do you become a CM that can let children use their free 12.5 hours once they hit 3 yrs old?

(9 Posts)
navyeyelasH Thu 08-Oct-09 15:05:06

title say it all really!

coral Thu 08-Oct-09 15:36:57

You need to become accreddited but, as far as I am aware, you need to be a member of a childminding network first in order to do so.

BradfordMum Thu 08-Oct-09 15:37:24

You need to be Accreditted and do extra planning etc.
I doubt you could do It immediately, as I believe you have to prove yourself as a CM before you can apply to be accreditted.

WailingGhoshe Thu 08-Oct-09 15:40:56

Its not worth the hassle to be honest.

navyeyelasH Thu 08-Oct-09 15:58:55

Do you need to have a nvq3 too?

Just googled accredited childminder (thanks coral) and found this.

Bradfordmum, hmm that's a bit of a bugger I wanted to crack on with it [impatient].

WailingGhoshe - really? Is that because parents prefer to use nurseries?

WailingGhoshe Thu 08-Oct-09 16:04:06

Yes qualified about 6 years ago now, and only two children have used the space over 3, parents want them to go onto Preschools at that age I find.

navyeyelasH Thu 08-Oct-09 16:07:08

hmmm that's good to know WailingGoshe - can I ask where you live? I'm wondering if living in a big city may mean more interested parents as the preschools are massively over subscribed.

dmo Thu 08-Oct-09 17:21:08

i am accreditted and its works super for me smile i job share with pre-school as alot of children only do part time so they go to pre-school 2-3 sessions and I collect grants for the other 2-3 sessions

atworknotworking Thu 08-Oct-09 18:31:25

Quite often the amount you will recieve in grant is less than your hourly rate, so you could well be losing out financially, however the funding formula is changing from next Sept and the rate is being increaseed all be it a little. I wouldn't do it for mindees that only attended for the 12.5 hr sessions but it may have advantages if it's a child you already care for F/T. Also the grant is paid in arrears, I think that it's 1/4 ly so you may have to wait a while for your payment to come through. Also not all councils are in the accredited network mine isn't.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: