Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Very experienced nanny available

(11 Posts)
mishjb68 Tue 06-Oct-09 23:28:26

Hi my name is Michelle, I have been a nanny for over 20yrs so have a wealth of experience working for families full time, part time and after school around Blackheath and surrounding areas, although I actually live in Plumstead.
I have 3 daughters: 21yrs, 6yrs and Eady who is nearly 3yrs old. I would like a position where Eady can come too. I currently work for a lovely family full days on Mon and Thurs, who are happy to highly recommend both me and Eady!
I would like to offer the following hours: Tues and Wed 9.30am to 2.30pm OR all day Wed. I can also do 3 out of 4 Fridays if needed. I could collect your little one/s then we could go for a swim, parks, toddler groups etc and have lunch then I could drop them home, allowing you to get on with things (I thought this might be useful if you want to work from home).
I have a clean driving licence, fantastic CV and great portfolio of references. I am also self employed so no paper work for you as I deal with my own NI and Tax. I am also a David Lloyd member at Kidbrooke. I have experience of all ages through from newborn to teenage. I am very patient, calm, and reliable. I also have a rather daft, silly side which the children love! . Thank you,
Michelle

nannynick Wed 07-Oct-09 18:54:28

Michelle - Find it hard to believe that HMRC are saying that you can be self employed for all nannying work regardless of how long that work is for (ie for contracts longer than 6 months), for work which has fixed days, fixed hours. Employment status from what I know about it is determined on a job by job basis, so if you are self employed for one nanny position it does not automatically mean you will be for others.

Parents - Operate full PAYE unless you are told not to by HMRC. If paying less than £700 gross per month, you may be able to operate Simplified PAYE, contact the New Employers / Employers helpline for information.

FABIsInTraining Wed 07-Oct-09 18:56:37

Also, you are not allowed to advertise for a job here.

See at the top.

nannynick Wed 07-Oct-09 19:04:19

Well if it was a one-time only ad, then yes it would be permitted. But it is a bit of a repeat isn't it.

@19:00 today... Posts: 33 Of which 16 appear to be ads.

FABIsInTraining Wed 07-Oct-09 19:11:25

And some which are more than a year old..

AtheneNoctua Wed 07-Oct-09 22:49:55

And, of course, following from the other thread, I assume you will want to be paid as much as a nanny who will not be bringing any children with her/him.

Agree with nick on the alledged self employed status.

HarrietTheSpy Thu 08-Oct-09 00:24:51

There we have it: I'm "self employed."

I had a feeling we were talking about apples and oranges on the other thread. Of course the costs aren't the same.

mishjb68 Thu 08-Oct-09 08:36:24

sorry put ad in wrong place. certainly did not expect to have it pulled apart and analysed!
The inland rev adviser who set me up said it was fine to be self emp if I worked for sev families doing a variation of hours in each job. If I was to secure a position that was set hours for one of the families I could put that in under the PAYE sec of my self ass and have a diff arrangment. if i do secure a position with another family wether I work as self employed for them will depend on what care they require.

nannynick Thu 08-Oct-09 09:16:10

So don't mention self employed status in you ads, as for most nannying work it will be PAYE and it confuses parents if you imply that you may be self employed.
Expect anything you write on mumsnet to be analysed, its a public forum and anything that looks unusual, potentially misleading, will be scrutinised by various regular members of the community.

AtheneNoctua Thu 08-Oct-09 09:20:22

"I would like to offer the following hours: Tues and Wed 9.30am to 2.30pm OR all day Wed. "

Sounds like regular hours to me (i.e. an employee)

DadInsteadofMum Thu 08-Oct-09 09:31:11

Even if the hours are variable if they are dictated or requested by the family then that is employee status; it would only be self employed type flexible hours if the family were to say we require 10 hours of child care this week and you were able to say OK I will give you 4 on Tuesday and 6 on Wednesday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now