Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Thinking of becoming a CM.

(2 Posts)
Hando Tue 06-Oct-09 19:25:41

I am currently studing a degree in childhood and youth studies, with the Open University.

I have given up my full tiem job and was planning on getting a term time part time job.

However, I do also need to do some work with children either paid or voluntary as part of my degree. I had considered being a CM before but it never materialised.

I just think now would be a perfect time and the perfect role for me! I just need to see if it would work financially for me. I do love working with children but at the end of the day it needs to pay enough too.

I have spoken to some mums at school and found out the "going" rate round here is £5 per hour. How many children can a newly registered CM have? I have a 5yr old of my own too, who would be here mornings and after school.

Thanks.

WailingGhoshe Tue 06-Oct-09 19:35:31

With a 5 year old of your own, the most you would be allowed, (space and Ofsted willing) would be three under 5, with only one of them under one. Plus two from age 5 - 8. Including your own child this would make 6 children the maximum allowed, you registration cert would state 5, as it would not include your own child.

It can taake a long time to get registaered, depending on sooooooooooooo many things.

The first thing you need to do is to phone your local sure start, and ask to be put on the next ICP course briefing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now