Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Tories Employers NI savings for New Businesses - Wonder if it will apply to employers of nannies?

(4 Posts)
nannynick Mon 05-Oct-09 17:05:58

Tories announce that new business would pay no Employer National Insurance on the first ten employees it hires during its first year.

As employers of nannies are technically a business, I wonder if it will apply to parents employing a domestic worker? Somehow I doubt it will... though you never know.

nannynick Mon 05-Oct-09 17:06:26

Wonder if it would apply to a childminder taking on an assistant.

MrAnchovy Mon 05-Oct-09 19:25:06

Well employers of nannies are not technically a business, but I do wonder how George Osborne thinks it will be possible to achieve this without creating both some enormous loopholes and some unfair market distortions.

So until you see anything that is issued by HMRC or the Treasury I would pay about as much attention to this as to the Labour threat to remove the childcare vouchers tax break.

Actually it would be good if Mumsnet could do interviews with both of these charlies and ask them some pointed questions.

MrAnchovy Mon 05-Oct-09 19:26:31

However childminders are businesses, so it would apply to them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now