Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much do you pay your Nanny per hour gross in SWLondon please?

(5 Posts)
spotty26 Sun 04-Oct-09 20:01:00

Just seen on a calculator online that £8.50 an hour grosses up to £12.30. That has shocked me!! Can only afford £10 gross if that's the case.

Please can you tell me what you pay your nannies net and gross as a guideline?

Cheers MNers

Catherine

nbee84 Sun 04-Oct-09 21:20:13

That online calculator doesn't sound quite right???? Maybe it's not taking into account a personal tax allowance?

I am on a normal tax allowance 603L (or something around that?). I earn £8net ph which grosses up to slightly over £10ph - then of course there is employers ni on top of that, so whilst not part of my actual wage it is a cost that the employer needs to bear in mind - I've not much idea of how much this is and don't know if it is dependant on the number of hours I work or anything, but I think my mb pays around £25 per week - but I could well be wrong on that.

MrAnchovy Sun 04-Oct-09 22:00:43

Entirely depends on how much is paid in total for the week, and if this is the nanny's only job.

If it is a second job, there will be more tax and so a bigger difference between net and gross.

If it is a part-time job the fact that the first £110pw incurs no National Insurance makes the difference smaller.

argento Sun 04-Oct-09 22:40:48

I'm on about £8.60 gross, but I live in.

K75 Mon 05-Oct-09 21:26:54

Yes about £12 gross and just under £9 net.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now