Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny Pay Rates?

(6 Posts)
CareBear10 Sat 03-Oct-09 10:28:49

We have had a nanny now for the past 4 years for DS2 and DD5. FT 4-days. DH and I have been getting worried that she's getting itchy feet - TBH, we haven't given any rise since she started blush. Little things said by her make me wonder... DS and DD would be devastated if she went and I dont know what we would do, we just want to do the right thing now.

She's qualified and Ofsted approved with 10yrs experience, and keeps her social life away from work. We are in Harpenden if that makes any difference, nett rates would be helpful.

TIA.

nbee84 Sat 03-Oct-09 10:37:59

Nett rates for an experienced nanny in Harpenden would be around the £8ph mark. You say she hasn't had a rise for 4 years? Can I ask what you are paying her as I don't know what the going rate for a nanny was 4 years ago.

nannyL Sat 03-Oct-09 10:39:54

you could start by sitting doswn for a chat...

telling her how great she is... giving her a box of chocs, nice cash bonus and a generouse pay rise.

if i got no payrise for 4 years i would be off as well, especially when u think about how much gas / elec / petrol / council tax etc has gone up in this time.

frakkinpannikin Sat 03-Oct-09 18:14:18

Agree that a pay-rise is long overdue. Do sit down and talk to her, not saying that you're worried she's leaving but just to see whether she has anything she would like to raise. It might be that she's pregnant or something and wondering how to tell you.

A little present wouldn't go amiss - be it cash, chocs or an extra day or two of holiday.

SycamoretreeIsVile Sat 03-Oct-09 20:12:24

We are paying 9 net p/h in London, if that helps. She probably could get 10 elsewhere but she loved us best wink. She's also going to be getting 11 p/h net for some hours where we are sharing her with another family.

Nicadooby Mon 05-Oct-09 10:48:47

Hi yes I live near Harpenden and i'd say &7.50 to £8 net per hour is fair.

I'm on £7.50 per hour but i also take my son to work with me and have no nursery duties to do.

One thing that did bother me in my last job was i never got an increase in petrol money it stayed at 22ppm for 9 years! so when i changed jobs recently it increased to 40ppm which is a big difference.

I think a big thankyou to her would be nice, it's always great to feel appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now