Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Can anyone help me find an emergency nanny in East Surrey?

(8 Posts)
playftseforme Thu 01-Oct-09 23:14:00

DH is working away at the moment and I'm struggling with drop offs and pick ups and a full time job :-(
Any advice/suggestions on how to deal with this would me much appreciated
TIA

frakkinpannikin Thu 01-Oct-09 23:17:36

Any local agencies?

Nationally I rate Eden nannies and Kensington nannies (as a nanny) for temp work. If you can offer live in then you widen the pool of candidates considerably.

Also try Netmums.

There may be nannies looking for perm work who would take a temp job for a while, or there may be continuous temps (like me) who could help.

playftseforme Thu 01-Oct-09 23:20:10

Thanks frakkinpannikin - I'll check those agencies. I've been trawling the internet for agencies but finding it difficult to find any that cover my area. Maybe I'm not looking properly! This is the first time I've had to look into this so I'm a bit green

frakkinpannikin Thu 01-Oct-09 23:36:23

www.nannyjob.co.uk has a local agency finder with results for Surrey here

LisaD1 Fri 02-Oct-09 08:17:28

Hi there,

I'm a Childminder but my friend is a very experienced nanny (we met when she cared for my children so can recommend) email me at lisajb1310@hotmail.com and I'll give you her details if you want them.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 02-Oct-09 18:44:45

have a look at your local netmums - there may be ads on there from nannys who are either looking for temp/ad hoc etc

EverySingleStar Fri 02-Oct-09 19:33:29

play I could help out for 2 weeks if you're in a pinch, I'm located in East Surrey as well.

E-mail me at everysinglestar@live.co.uk if interested, I'm a sole charge nanny with 6 years of experience. Have lovely UK-based references too.

playftseforme Sat 03-Oct-09 22:45:40

Thanks everyone for your input - it's v much appreciated. Dh has told me he's off again next weekend but for one week only, then he's back, then he's off again for two weeks and after that he says he doesn't know, so it's all a bit of a mess really. I can't imagine anyone is that flexible to be able to work round this strange situation. In many respects it would be at least a bit easier from a 'finding help' point of view, if he went for 2 or 3 months and got it all over with in one go.... He's wondering why I'm so grumpy at the moment blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now