Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Car insurance for nanny

(13 Posts)
Mumpbump Thu 01-Oct-09 11:28:35

Hi there. I am looking at insuring our nanny on our car. Churchill, our usual insurer, won't cover her. The nanny has suggested contacting Morton Michel, but they are very expensive!

Does anyone know of another insurance company who will insure nannies?

nikkie29 Thu 01-Oct-09 14:57:09

why wont they? we use the coop have been really good with all the changes we have made. you could try them? i think they go as cis insurance.

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 01-Oct-09 15:02:09

tbh most companys will insure nannys

tescos are normally good

frakkinpannikin Thu 01-Oct-09 23:32:39

Is that because she's too young or doesn't have enough no claims?

Most companies will, especially if just as a named driver and not as main driver, you might just need to shop around.

nannyL Sat 03-Oct-09 11:00:06

most companies insure nannies

Treeesa Sat 03-Oct-09 13:38:23

Have you tried elephant they have insured all our au pairs. I'd have thought 'Sheila's wheels' as a womens insurancecompany would suport nannies too..

Millarkie Sat 03-Oct-09 18:53:57

We use Elephant for our au pair but have used Churchill and Admiral in the past for nannies. Is she very young or have points on licence or something?

SycamoretreeIsVile Sat 03-Oct-09 20:09:57

Elephant are insuring our nanny for 42 quid. She has no points and no accidents in the last 4 years. Our car is not swanky though, and is old.

coopertrooper Mon 12-Oct-09 11:57:05

Hi,
Did you get anywhere with this?
Have just discovered similar problem -LV won't insure under 25s on our policy as the car is a 2.5L albeit people carrier, even though she has her own car with business use (we have 4 kids under 7) Am now looking alternatives but suspect we will have to change the car as we're not going to change the nanny!

nikkimac Fri 30-Oct-09 23:15:18

hi,im new to this!!!i was wondering what the situation is when a nanny has a car crash in the employers car!is it wrong to ask her to pay part of excess!!!please help

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 30-Oct-09 23:29:09

hi nikkimac

the general cencus on this thread was that the emloyer pays the costs

but

always good to talk about this at interview/put in contract

welcome btw

xoxcherylxox Fri 30-Oct-09 23:33:43

im with direct line and i have a 7 seater and am only 21 and they insured me although i am not the main driver i am the second driver

magicOC Sat 31-Oct-09 11:02:20

MM insured me on my car for business use and were £90 cheaper than my old company (churchill), and I wasn't insured business with them and didn't have protected no-claims either so all in all it's better for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now