Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

My child keeps being bitten by another child at his childminders

(3 Posts)
pinkgiraffe Wed 30-Sep-09 21:05:06

My 2.5 year old has been going to his childminder since he was 9 months old and he is happy there.

However in the last few months another 2.5 year old she also cares for has been biting my child on a regular basis. He is often coming home with bit marks on his arms and hands.How would other child minders deal with this situation. As a parent what would you do?

xoxcherylxox Wed 30-Sep-09 21:34:40

presumabley the childminder is getting you to fill in an accident sheet each time. she should also be filling in an incident sheet for the parents of the biter. i am a childminder and i have had a biter before and it can be very hard to get the out of it its all about working with the parents, trying to work out what is making the child bit and interfering just in time to disract before child bites but sometimes that easier said than done whn you have more than one child to deal with hopefully its just a phase and will pass quickly.

atworknotworking Wed 30-Sep-09 21:40:00

I would raise my concers with the CM, ask her how she intervenes, records the incidents and ask her what seems to be the trigger in the other child.

Some children do bite unfortunately, but personally havn't seen it in a child this old before, ask her to ensure that the children are watched very closely when they are playing 1 to 1 even if it meens that she is sat with them. To be bitten once or twice is one thing if its constant, I wouldn't be happy, and as a CM I would be very blush and feel that I wasnt doing my job properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now