Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

New Year's Eve Babysitting

(8 Posts)
yanny Wed 30-Sep-09 20:18:07

I have been asked to babysit New Year's Eve. Total number of children will be 6 and time from 12.30am to 6am so all should be sleeping and stay sleeping hmm

The fee will be split between 4 familes and they want me to give them a flat fee so they can split it between them. In turn this fee will be split between me and a nanny friend who will help me out on the night. Usual babysitting fee is £6.50 p/h and I live in Scotland. Have never babysat for more than 1 family at a time so unsure how/what to charge.

Any ideas welcome!

ssd Wed 30-Sep-09 20:27:37

ask nannynick!

Danthe4th Wed 30-Sep-09 21:59:19

£20 per hour as its new years eve and thats each

yanny Wed 30-Sep-09 23:13:32

Thanks for the replies.

Is that 20p/h each child or each nanny? Parents would be happy if only I was babysitting but as I'm not sure about ratios when babysitting (max I've looked after is 2) I asked a friend to help out and willing to split the cost.

Reading your post again I assume you meant each nanny blush

Thanks

nannynick Thu 01-Oct-09 06:58:11

12.30am? Starting at OMG O'clock. What about the hours before 12.30am - are you invited to their party? What makes you think they will be asleep... if you are not starting until that time, does that mean some/all the children will be staying up to see the New Year in?

No max ratios when babysitting, though insurance policies do place a limit - Morton Michel nanny policy permits a nanny to care for 6 children.

Do you know these children, or their parents? Help protect yourself by meeting these parents and children before the event - as on New Years Eve the adults may be pretty sloshed!

Agree with DanThe4th, £20 an hour sounds reasonable. Call it £120 say. But do consider what happens prior to 12.30am... if you are at their party beforehand, then are you a guest or working? If not at their party, is getting to their home at that time of the night practical?

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 01-Oct-09 15:07:42

i charge £10ph and would charge double that for nye (and yes I do get asked to work for £20ph)

nye should be double normal rate

you are there for 6hrs (tho times puzzle me) and there are 2 of you

so i would have thought £15 per hour each so £30 in all, times 6 = £180 divided between 4 familys so £45 per family

very unsocial hours in my opinion would rather do an 8pm til 2am than those hrs and would charge a min of £200 for that time and then thats £50 per family so not an awful amount really for NYE babysit.

I charge double and a half for new years eve and normally charge £10 an hr so would charge £25 an hr.

Danthe4th Thu 01-Oct-09 21:16:21

Yes I do mean £20 per hour each so £120 each minimum. I would not sit 6 children on my own on new years eve. £60 per family is nothing for new years eve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now