Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

WWYD ? Mindee is sick, mum is sick but she shoul,d be at home no ?

(7 Posts)
Summerfruit Wed 30-Sep-09 13:48:17

The little girl I look after is full of cold and had 38.5 of temp before I put her for a nap (gave her calpol). Call the mum and tell her the situation, in my advice she should be at home with her, the thing is she is sick too and in bed. I have proposed to dropp her off after her nap if not better but she seemed reluctant. If she is sick, I cant keep her, I have my 2 dds to think as well. What do you think ?

PinkChick Wed 30-Sep-09 13:54:37

straight home and poss for mum to take to docs if temp doesnt go down, i cant understand anyone who wouldnt want their sick child to be with them..is there no dad on the scene?, or another contact who will pick baby up??

Tombliboobs Wed 30-Sep-09 13:54:46

If she is sick then yes, she does need to be at home. As parents, we have to cope, even when we are poorly.

Summerfruit Wed 30-Sep-09 13:58:25

I agree, everytime dd1 was sick when I was working in a office, I flew to get her, its normal..I feel sorry for the mum because she's poorly and pg but what can I do..she was not herself all morning and didnt it at lunch time..and the temp, that should be enought to organize something and pick her up.

PinkChick Wed 30-Sep-09 14:06:23

thing is if temp doesnt go down or god forbid rasie further, baby could ber very ill, so reglardless of how i felt id be there like a shit, OR make sure dad/other family member could get them sad...even if temp same id tell mum to pick up/ or you drop off and not allow baby back till temp normal and no other symtoms of illnesssad..poor lamb and poor you being made to feel bad for looking after a sick baby

Summerfruit Wed 30-Sep-09 14:10:12

Thanks Pinkchick, just want to check on her and her forehead is still very hot...I'm going to drop her at her mum I think, that is the best I can do !

PinkChick Wed 30-Sep-09 20:26:38

How did you get on chick? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now