Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Child minder urgently required in SW19

(12 Posts)
Hollypop Wed 30-Sep-09 12:02:49

Help - We are wanting to move to Wimbledon in the next few weeks, and after failed attempts to get DD aged 2.5 into a local nursery I am now looking for a brilliant childminder to take her for 4 days per week. Does anyone know anyone good who has vacancies? She has been in nursery since she was 10 months old, so I don't have any experience of child minders at all....and am feelingg very panicky about the whole thing!

Doozle Wed 30-Sep-09 15:58:54

Whereabouts in Wimbledon are you moving to?

Hollypop Thu 01-Oct-09 10:59:10

Hi there, south wimbledon, but we will both be going to the main line station to work, so can drop dd off nearer the centre. Do you have anything in mind?

Doozle Thu 01-Oct-09 16:30:18

There's a childminder called Natalie who works in South Park gardens. Not sure if this is on your way to station or not. She advertises on Netmums sometimes so if you look on the Merton Childcare board there, you'll probably find her.

SuperDuperJezebel Thu 01-Oct-09 21:23:16

Southpark gardens isnt between South Wimbledon and Wimbledon stations, but its not too far - maybe a 10 minute walk from wimbledon station, less obviously if youre in the car. Good luck with your hunt!

Hollypop Mon 05-Oct-09 13:10:29

Thank you! have you used Natalie? I'll have a look for her on netmums. I just can't believe what a shortage of nursery places there is. We are almost decided that we are going to have to postpone our move now, because she is in a great nursery at the moment and finding her the right childcare is going to take a while.

Fruitbatlings Mon 05-Oct-09 14:08:51

Hi there, I live in South Wimbledon - well nearer to Colliers Wood actually (our Estate Agent told us it's S.Wimb wink)
I have a four day per week place coming up in January if that's any good to you?
I'm assuming you want something sooner though......

Hollypop Wed 07-Oct-09 14:42:12

hello! We do need something as soon as possible, but I keep hitting brick walls and going round in circles. How many children do you look after?

Fruitbatlings Thu 08-Oct-09 20:18:34

I have two mindees per day as well as my two - 4 yr old (in full time school) and nearly 7 month old (both boys - not that it matters! smile)

I've actually just agreed to hold my vacancy until I get the go ahead from Ofsted next week to have two under ones but if that falls through I will give you a shout smile

The vacancy is to take over one of my current mindees as he is leaving sad (mum having another baby)

Fruitbatlings Thu 08-Oct-09 20:19:49

I meant to say, I'm holding the vacancy for a prospective mindee

Mtorun Fri 09-Oct-09 10:00:23

Hollypop,

I know a family in Wimbledon Broadway(walking distance to South Wimbledon) looking for another family to share their nanny for 4 days. Let me know if you are still looking.

Hollypop Tue 13-Oct-09 09:21:31

Thank you all so much for your messages. We have had to postpone our move for 6 months - We decided that it was better to try to keep dd in a nursery environment as she is used to that, and hope that we can get a place in 6 months - by which time she is 3 and then fingers crossed will also be able to start at a school nursery in the September - but thanks again!
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now