Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders, where do you buy nice toys?

(9 Posts)
Littlepurpleprincess Wed 30-Sep-09 10:41:03

I need some dolls. All I want is a nice, plain baby doll, preferably plastic so the children can bath them and I don't have a fortune to spend. I regularly check my local charity shops. ELC is too expensive. I can't even find one on Ebay. Why are all dolls super expensive, weeing, crying, talking things, or super sluts?

I have a very boyish boy at home and I'm way out of my element buying girly toys here. Where do I look?

nancy75 Wed 30-Sep-09 10:44:13

i'm not a childminder, but my dd does have a thing for dolls so am well qualified! tesco on saturday had quite a few dolls for about £10 and some of the more expensive crying/weeing ones reduced.

Littlepurpleprincess Wed 30-Sep-09 10:46:42

Thankyou. We haven't got a big Tesco's round here but we've got an Adsa!

Numberfour Wed 30-Sep-09 11:15:50

"super sluts" grin

I HATE HATE HATE those dolls, LPP and refuse to have them in my house. But then i have a son only so that makes it easier. none of my CMed girls (or boys, for that!) have asked me to get any, though. But the answer will be a resounding NO!!!

Littlepurpleprincess Wed 30-Sep-09 11:26:50

Do you remember, back in the day, when Barbie was a PRINCESS!!!!

coral Wed 30-Sep-09 11:57:11

Have you got a smyths toy shop near you? I got some great dolls in there for £8.99 each - look on their website for Lots to Love Baby - they come in 4 different skin tones, the dolls have different expressions and they can be put in the bath. I bought 4 and the kids love them - even my daughter who is now 12 and has hated dolls all her life admits theat they are actually quite nice!

Littlepurpleprincess Wed 30-Sep-09 20:29:03

thankyou Coral I will have look at the ebay shop!

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Wed 30-Sep-09 20:41:58

I got my whiter and black basic baby dolls from Toymaster for about £7 each, anatomically correct and all that, no clothing but I bought some first size nappies and then some newborn baby clothes from the charity shops

atworknotworking Wed 30-Sep-09 21:44:10

I got some boy / girl ones from Boyes the same as they have in the EY catalogues, they sell for about £30 in their, got mine for under a fiver, no clothes, but then I find the children only take them off anyway grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now