Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

childcare for mums at home?

(9 Posts)
mishjb68 Tue 29-Sep-09 10:00:06

As a nanny I have advertised childcare in the day between @9.30am and 2.30pm 2/3 days per week thinking this would be useful for mums working from home. I thought I could collect little one/s and take them out for a swim, parks play groups etc and provide lunch then drop them home tp parent.
I haven't had much interest and I am a bit supprised.
I live near Blackheath and have been a nanny for nearly 20 yrs, Am I missing something.... any suggestions please?

Heebychick Wed 30-Sep-09 09:38:33

Hi, i live near southampton and would love this service!! Maybe it's something to do with the security of being in a confined space? like a nursery? i know i worry a little more when nursery take our children out to a garden party or a forest walk etc, more to go wrong i guess? just a thought tho.

I would love this service though as i do work from home and struggle to find time to work and juggle baby things. At the moment my mum comes sometimes to help and our older one goes to nursery.

Good luck with it x

sweethoney Wed 30-Sep-09 19:59:44

This would be a great service on an ad hoc basis even for SAHM who don't work. I guess the problem is when you advertise people don't know you and then they have to book you without you knowing the child. It's a bit different to evening babysitting where the child usually goes to bed for an hour or so. Have you advertised at local toddler groups etc - maybe pop in to get yourself known?
I wish you lived up north

mishjb68 Wed 30-Sep-09 21:22:38

I think I had something more regular in mind thats why I thought of a mum who wants to work from home. Then they would know they had at least 10hrs (9.30 to 2.30pm over a couple of days ) for example. And would not have to worry about the faff of wasting time getting to and from nursey etc.
I know myself sometimes when they start at nursery it can only be for 2.5 hrs and by the time you drop them off pick up pint of milk and get home it feels like its nearly time to go back and get them!

TimeFlys Wed 30-Sep-09 23:08:45

Is Clapham too far for you?

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Thu 01-Oct-09 10:18:12

i offer this service but it does take a while for the news to get around.

I'm in herts though so maybe that makes a difference?

mishjb68 Thu 01-Oct-09 13:45:56

Sorry clapham is too far, I usually work quite locally around Blackeath, thanks for enquiry though.

sleepwhenidie Thu 01-Oct-09 15:35:37

have you looked on Gumtree? Lots of people searching for mothers help/PT nannies there.

mishjb68 Thu 01-Oct-09 21:15:09

Yes have put an ad on, early days I suppose. Thanks though, the lovely mum I already work for thinks one of her friends may ask for my number so that would be great, depending on the hours. it would be lovely if I find someone who wants what I can do. It feels like ebay you find something you are after (like some of you who have said you like the hours I am offering) and then see that its to far away

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now