Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

are all cms gettting busy?

(9 Posts)
thebody Sat 26-Sep-09 17:45:12

I have had absolutly loads of enquiries over the last few weeks, emails and phone calls almost every day for full and part time places. Is everyone busy? is it the recession? just wondering..

balijay Sat 26-Sep-09 20:02:01

I really hope so! Just recently started cm and just taken on my 1st mindee (also had an enquiry for a 4 yo for school drop off but was wrong school for me!) Heres hoping I fill up soon !

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Sat 26-Sep-09 20:22:09

Not had many enqs in last two weeks, but I don't mind as I am as full as I want to be grin

Having a couple of quiet weeks with just a few pters a few hours a day while waiting for new ones to start in October. It's been lovely to have some enforced time off actually, can enjoy it and not feel guilty that it's inconveniencing anyone!!

Means I can catch up on paperwork and get a head start on xmas shopping my planning

Shoshe Sat 26-Sep-09 20:34:24

I always find this time of year is busy, and Jan-April is really slow, buit had thought it was just a area thing, maybe not?

Most of my children have started in the Autumn, I have siblings starting next month.

Katymac Sat 26-Sep-09 20:40:36

This time last year I had less than 20% full now I am nearly 87% full

I find it amazing

crace Sun 27-Sep-09 09:19:18

This time is usually busy isn't it? I had one part-time in January, and now full in September. I was getting very worried, now I will be turning people away. Counting my blessings

elisha31 Sun 27-Sep-09 11:38:31

I had a few enquires but still have spaces!

thebody Mon 28-Sep-09 22:23:40

well make hay while the sun shines to those who can and good luck to those with spaces.

CWilliams46 Tue 29-Sep-09 14:19:41

I have found it really slow at the moment!
And have had parents being made redundant and losing children as a consequence.
Any ideas on good places to advertise, I have previoulsy relied on word of mouth but have too many spaces to fill at the moment. I live in Basingstoke.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now