Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much settling in time should I give ds?

(6 Posts)
HeadFairy Fri 25-Sep-09 22:01:27

He's 2, been going to a childminder since he was 8 months old, three to four days a week 8am-6pm, so he's well used to the routine, but we've moved house and after a break of about 8 weeks he'll be starting with a new childminder soon. How much settling in time do you think he'll need? Would he need to just a few mornings or will I need to build up to full days?

SarfEasticated Fri 25-Sep-09 22:44:58

God my dd is 2 and is going through terrible separation anxiety for the first time in her life. Came out of nowhere. Hope your DS is better, but DD is much more sensitive now that she ever used to be, I would allow plenty of time if I were you.

HeadFairy Sat 26-Sep-09 15:06:12

Sarf...ds isn't too bad. He has his good days and his bad days. I'm working today and today wasn't a good one at all, I left him weeping with my mum, but he was perfectly fine about two minutes after I left. On Friday when I went to work he waved me off and said "see you later mummy".

SarfEasticated Sat 26-Sep-09 21:17:11

funny little things aren't they! grin

bigdonna Sat 26-Sep-09 21:23:02

hi im a cm and none of the mindees i have had a settling in period.as all have come to see me one week and started the next.so you never know because he has had a cm before he may settle in very quick.i did always talk about what we would do the next day and what they would like to do!!.hope it goes well

HeadFairy Sun 27-Sep-09 15:56:26

thanks for that bigdonna.... I think ds might have to have quite a short settling in period, so it's good to know that children who have no settling in period don't seem to suffer too much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now