Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

First mindee but no paperwork - urgent help!

(11 Posts)
balijay Fri 25-Sep-09 20:47:20

Hi everyone - I really need your help! I had my 1st parent visit yesterday and she would like me to take on her 9 month old- Hurrah :D However I have not yet received my start up pack with all my paperwork from NCMA. My insurance is sorted though so no problem there, but Mum and baby are coming for a settling in/signing session tomorrow and I have nothing for her to fill in! So... can someone give me an idea of the information I need to gather (ie what is on the NCMA child record form) so that I can make my own form up and then transfer it to the official paperwork when it arrives? I have an All about me form I can use. Also what should I do about a contract? Help! I feel so disorganised! Any advice much appreciated.

HSMM Fri 25-Sep-09 20:52:12

Have you got your 'are you ready for your inspection' booklet from Ofsted? It has a list of everything you should have for each child. Otherwise try asking NCMA if they will fax you a blank contract and child details form? Or maybe one of us can? (I don't have a fax)

balijay Fri 25-Sep-09 21:02:45

Thanks HSMM I have that booklet somewhere so will have a look. I don't have a fax sadly - I wonder if NCMA could email me a blank one? Parent not coming til 3pm tomorrow so will call them in the morning. Thanks again

Katymac Fri 25-Sep-09 21:13:50

You won't be covered for any contract disputes without the actual contract - I could scan one tomorrow & email it but it won't be very valid

NCMA is unlikely to be open tomorrow

Numberfour Fri 25-Sep-09 21:22:09

check the Bromley Childminding Association Website. it may have some paperwork you could use in the interim. explain to the parents that you are waiting for your NCMA stuff and will sign the docs again when they arrive.

or call your support CM or another CM you know and borrow some docs in the meantime.

good luck!!!

(Best to get at least something down in writing. your stuff from NCMA won't take THAT long and these parents like you enough to want to sign up with you so i am sure they would understand that the documents have not arrived yet. don't get too stressed about contract disputes quite yet................)

pippin26 Fri 25-Sep-09 21:36:20

do you know any childminders you could borrow some paperwork from until you get yours through.

SillyMillysMummy Fri 25-Sep-09 22:11:26

Where abouts are you balijay? Maybe someone here is local and could lend you some?

balijay Sat 26-Sep-09 08:02:23

Thanks so much everyone - parents are very laid back and won't mind at all - its just me who is getting worked up! Thanks for everyones suggestions. I haven't met either of the other local childminders yet and my support childminder is yet to get in touch. Maybe I won't worry too much - will just take some basic info from them today and hope my paperwork comes this week before lo starts properly next week.

PS SillyMillysMummy I am right on the Dorset/Hants border - anyone near me?! x

Shoshe Sat 26-Sep-09 17:16:53

Balijay where are you love I am at Blandford and have paperwork if you need.

Shoshe Sat 26-Sep-09 17:19:43

Balijay where are you love I am at Blandford and have paperwork if you need.

balijay Sat 26-Sep-09 19:58:18

Hi Shoshe thanks for your reply and offer of paperwork. I am in Walkford which is near Christchurch, I did my icp course in Dorchester so not too far from you. What I did with Mum today was go through policies and get permissions signed and also filled in an All about me booklet. Hopefully my NCMA stuff will arrive this week and Mum can sign properly before lo starts properly next week. Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now