Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I need 24 hour cover for 4 this weekend

(11 Posts)
hobbgoblin Thu 24-Sep-09 16:02:41

Any idea of cost and are any of the regulars interested?

Is Herts and ages are 9, 8 and 6 plus newborn who is BF so expressed bottles.

<hopeful>

I would suggest £200 per 24hrs then £12 an hr for any odd hrs and would want a very experienced nanny/night nanny/maternity nanny who has newborn experience but also some of older children as well. I would def want someone who has proxy parented at least once or twice before and has experience of looking after more than 1 or 2 children.

I have proxy parented for 4 children inc a young baby and is hard work but fun mind you all were under 6!!!

sorry I am in east midlands and am do an overnight for 9wk old twins whilst mummy and daddy and older 2 children go away for night.

hope you can find someone, have a look on www.nannyjob.co.uk as some herts nannies on there or contact an agency at least will be sure of an experienced and qualified person if thats what you request, can recommend www.kidsmatter.uk.com

nbee84 Thu 24-Sep-09 16:47:20

May be worth trying Paula - she is in St Albans. Quite expensive but very experienced, especially with newborns.

Paula

cookielove Thu 24-Sep-09 16:48:44

where in herts?

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Thu 24-Sep-09 16:52:12

Thank you nbee (xx)

I am in St Albans

I charge £200 per 24 hours and £15 per hour for any extra hours.

hobbgoblin Thu 24-Sep-09 17:06:34

Hi Paula, I've spoken to you before I think but couldn't remember your web address - know now from your MN name

Are you free this weekend? I'd have to think about the cost as a little under £200 would be better but I do realise that it isn't going to be greatly less!

cookielove, we're in St Albans.

Oh and thanks nbee and eastmidlands!

cookielove Thu 24-Sep-09 17:13:58

ok well if paula doesn't work out for you, i live near u, i have looked after newborns and older children but have never done over night work, i'm no way nearly as experieced as paula, but if you are stuck i can help

hobbgoblin Thu 24-Sep-09 17:35:27

cookielove can you email me mumsnetstuff@googlemail.com please

madusa Thu 24-Sep-09 18:20:04

what hours are you looking for?

Is it saturday over to sunday? or sunday till monday?

Unfortunately, I am busy on saturday evening already (typical).

Every weekend I have been free....the one saturday i am busy and someone needs me.

If I were you and paula is available book her yes may seem a little expensive but her reputation is fab and her experience will far outweigh anyone else you will find in the area esp for your tiny baby and the price is worth the piece of mind you will get with having an experienced person caring for your children.

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Thu 24-Sep-09 21:51:32

hobbgoblin.... would you like to get together for a coffee tomorrow and hopefully we may be able to come up with something?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now