Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

any cm's about, would you wander in and tell me if this is ok or not?

(8 Posts)
gigglewitch Mon 21-Sep-09 19:07:44

DD started with cm last week - but I've known CM about 8 yrs as she's a neighbour. We were planning to pay early with nursery vouchers via employer. long story short, I've moved jobs, this not an option any more, I need to pay her now, she has worked it out for a month worth mid sept to mid oct.
BUT, now here is the sticky bit where I need etiquette advice please.
Being in tricky spot where I don't know what I am going to get paid and from where, I started new job last week and the previous week would be unpaid leave, but the first week of the month would have been paid from my old job.
I was wondering whether it would be acceptable or not to ask cm if I can pay her now to the end of sept, and then pay the whole of oct on 1st of the month, as afaik that's when the new employer's paying me (have I lost you yet?)
If you followed that, many thanks, any advice for me?

nbee84 Mon 21-Sep-09 19:15:16

It doesn't sound unreasonable to me - you are still paying for your DD's care in advance.
CM may say no, but it's worth an ask.

gigglewitch Mon 21-Sep-09 19:20:44

don't want to offend her, obv... would rather check before asking smile

xoxcherylxox Mon 21-Sep-09 19:32:27

i think that would be fine you are still paying fees up to date dont think she ll hav a problem with this.

southernbelle77 Mon 21-Sep-09 19:34:47

I think that is perfectly reasonable. I'm sure if you explain to her she will understand.

I always charge that way anyway, so I'm always paid on the 1st of each month.

Shoshe Mon 21-Sep-09 19:41:56

I would be fine with it, and I am a bugger for being paid up front and on time.

If somebody starts with me mid month I only charge to the end of the month anyway, then from the !st for the next month.

gigglewitch Mon 21-Sep-09 20:04:16

thanks ladies for the thumbs up smile
will speak to her tomorrow.

Numberfour Mon 21-Sep-09 20:57:05

i would not be offended in the least. i also do what shoshe does, btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now