Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - Urgent help, can I refuse care tomorrow as just seen very very ill mindee

(7 Posts)
Booh Sun 20-Sep-09 14:10:51

I have just been to a birthday party and seen one of my mindees who is due to be with me tomorrow.

He had raging temp, sleepy, sticky eyes, cold.

Do I contact mum now to say I don't want him.

IMHO he was too ill to be at the party and should have not been at the party! Mum had given him calpol but it hadn't perked him up.

We have also had a few swine flu cases pop up around us last week, and I can't afford to get ill!

What do I say to mum............I can text her

Picante Sun 20-Sep-09 14:21:08

Of course contact her.

Booh Sun 20-Sep-09 14:22:14

But what do I say

'Sorry I don't think X should come tomorrow as he was so ill - and shouldn't have gone to Y party'

MmeLindt Sun 20-Sep-09 14:25:18

I would ring and say that you saw X at the party and think it would be better if he stayed at home tomorrow as he was looking a bit poorly.

MrsWeasley Sun 20-Sep-09 14:26:31

I agree with MmeLindt.

Danthe4th Sun 20-Sep-09 15:10:44

Why didn't you say something when you saw the child, I would text the mum and just say that you hope x is feeling better, Are you going to get x checked out at the doctors tommorrow,let me know whats happening as i'm planning for the week ahead.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 20-Sep-09 15:23:48

I don't think it is your business to comment on him being at the party but you can refuse to take him if he hasn't improved but let her know now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now