Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Fee increase?

(6 Posts)
hooplahoop Fri 18-Sep-09 19:08:01

Was hoping someone could advise me, my dd is coming up to a year with her ( brilliant) childminder. Should I prepare myself for a fee increase or does it not happen automatically ( wasn't discussed when I first started)

Think she is charging going rate, if a bit higher than some, in our area

Don't want to start a bun fight about costs just trying to prepare budget....

Thanks

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Fri 18-Sep-09 19:12:05

It doesn't happen automatically, we each do as we see fit for our own business, there's no rules about this

I don't put mine up annually, probably 2-3yrly at most. Would only do it if I really needed to rather than just because.

If nothing has been said I wouldn't worry.

LisaD1 Fri 18-Sep-09 19:13:15

Hiya,

I wouldn't assume that an increase was coming but then would also not assume it wasn't! Sorry, not much help really! I have been CM a little boy for just over a year now and have no intention of increasing fees, I earn an amount I am fairly happy with (I'm sure everyone would like to earn more) parents are happy paying it and he is a lovely child, I would not want to risk losing him/upsetting his parents for a few extra pennies.

HSMM Fri 18-Sep-09 21:58:11

I let parents know when I take their children on that there will be a fee review each Jan 1st (but sometimes it stays the same).

coral Sat 19-Sep-09 12:52:50

I review my fees in April, notify parents of any increases I propose to make which then take effect from Sepetember, giving parents plenty of time to budget for the increase if necessary. However, having said that I very rarely increase fees for current parents, preferring to charge an increased fee for new mindees as they start.

hooplahoop Sat 19-Sep-09 13:21:21

That all sounds very fair, thanks for the repsonses

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now