Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Need your help british cm (or people better than me at expressing themselves in english)

(3 Posts)
Summerfruit Fri 18-Sep-09 18:37:36

Hi !

I need to give my notice to one of my parents, I'm not very well at the moment, I'm suffering of insommia and also not feeling very good about myself (long story). I'm really upset aboutgiving them notice as I feel like a failure, they are great people, but their dd has been really hard to settle, and it took its toll on me and my children. In my notice, I want to be kind as much as possible but my english writing is not so good so I need your help, could you please tell me what you think or what else I should add ? I'm willing to go over my notice period so they can take time to find the perfect person for their little girl

Dear x and y,

After a lot of thinking and consideration, I have decided to give my notice to you regarding the care for w. It has been a really hard decision to take because w is a really adorable little girl and you are both fantastic to work with.

w has been better lately but I cant help thinking that my settings are not suitable for her. I think she will really benefit more being in a smaller setting with more one one time. Unfortunately, I can't offer him as much one on one time as I would like as I have other children in the same time (mainly after 3 pm) and I'm really sorry for that.

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Fri 18-Sep-09 18:40:15

have replied on your other thread ok

Summerfruit Wed 23-Sep-09 09:56:24

Hi ! For those who helped me writing this letter, I would like to share the outcome !

So I gave my notice, the mum was quite upset with me and it was understandable as I felt horrible for letting them down. We had a good chat and I was really honest with her so she suggested I had her dd 2 days instead of 3 which means I will have every thursday off !!!! I'm so happy we managed to find this solution, I didnt dare sugesting it a little while ago as I didnt want it more complicated for them but they suggested it ! So I'm really happy, and I'm so lucky to work with such fantastic parents !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now