Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Untitled

(11 Posts)
Summerfruit Fri 18-Sep-09 18:34:26

Hi !

I need to give my notice to one of my parents, I'm not very well at the moment, I'm suffering of insommia and also not feeling very good about myself (long story). I'm really upset aboutgiving them notice as I feel like a failure, they are great people, but their dd has been really hard to settle, and it took its toll on me and my children. In my notice, I want to be kind as much as possible but my english writing is not so good so I need your help, could you please tell me what you think or what else I should add ? I'm willing to go over my notice period so they can take time to find the perfect person for their little girl

Dear x and y,

After a lot of thinking and consideration, I have decided to give my notice to you regarding the care for w. It has been a really hard decision to take because w is a really adorable little girl and you are both fantastic to work with.

w has been better lately but I cant help thinking that my settings are not suitable for her. I think she will really benefit more being in a smaller setting with more one one time. Unfortunately, I can't offer him as much one on one time as I would like as I have other children in the same time (mainly after 3 pm) and I'm really sorry for that.

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Fri 18-Sep-09 18:38:04

I'd cut the second part Summerfruit.

Instead say that x will be the last day of care although you are willing to extend this to x date if they need it, to ensure they find the perfect person for the child.

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Fri 18-Sep-09 18:39:31

Oh and don't beat yourself up about it either, you'll likely find you feel much better when the child has left Don't underestimate how much of an effect an "ill-fitting" family can have on yourself x

Summerfruit Fri 18-Sep-09 18:43:44

Thank you so much strictly for your kind words and suggestions, I'm going to follow it ! My children are suffering, my marriage is also suffering, I cant carry on like this..

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Fri 18-Sep-09 18:51:23

Just got out of a similar situation myself, the change in me this week is amazing

Good luck!

Summerfruit Fri 18-Sep-09 19:01:21

Thank you strictly !

misskes Fri 18-Sep-09 19:15:12

hello there, to be honest i would keep this professional but friendly.

Dear x and y,

After careful consideration, I have decided to give you my notice regarding the care for w. It has been a decision not taken lightly and you have both been fantastic to work with.

i wish you every success in finding future care for ??.

regards ???

imo i wouldnt add anything about your setting not being good for the child (it wont do you any favours)

if you wanted you could add a bit saying its due to personal circumstances, but dont go into detail.

hope thats helps, comepletly ignore me if not!! lol

Summerfruit Fri 18-Sep-09 19:20:47

Thank you so much misskes, I'll also use your suggestion !

misskes Fri 18-Sep-09 19:38:21

welcome invoice in the post

Summerfruit Fri 18-Sep-09 19:40:57

Good one !!!!

Tan1959 Sat 19-Sep-09 09:08:34

Hi Summerfruit, It's horrible when we have to give notice.

Similar to Misskes but slightly different so now you have a choice!
Dear x and y,

After careful consideration, I am giving you notice under the Terms of our Contract that I will no longer be able to mind w. It has been a decision not taken lightly and you have both been fantastic to work with. W's last day will be X.

I wish you every success in finding future care for ??.

regards ???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now